Página Ocho

Hermione hissed and sucked on her index finger as she got another papercut. Luna and her had finished the textbooks and now moved on to the large amount of loose papers. Pansy had tried to lobby Snape to let her toss the lot, which had further soured the Potions-master's mood. So now, Luna and Hermione were sifting through it all. Snape had set Pansy to mopping the floors in retaliation, further buoying Hermione's mood. It seemed his favouritism for Slytherins did have its limits after all.

Hermione didn't mind sorting out the papers with Luna. There were some interesting tidbits on the papers. Luna seemed similarly interested, commenting on interesting facts she came across in the papers she was organising.

Hermione had noticed that over the evening, Fleur had at least seemed to relax a little around her.

Once she had realised that Hermione had given up on trying to force a conversation with her, the blonde had stopped keeping herself to the furthest away edges of the room.

As Hermione snuck a peek over her papers, she even noticed Fleur had stopped openly scowling. Hermione smiled slightly, being careful to look away before Fleur caught her looking.

“Checking out Delacour yet again?” Pansy asked snidely, flinging herself into a chair beside Hermione.

“What do you want, Parkinson? Hermione sighed.

Pansy had been busy for much of detention mopping the floors after she'd annoyed Snape by trying to get rid of his papers. Hermione had enjoyed the break from Pansy's needling.

“Just making conversation. Pansy smirked, crossing her legs. She ran a hand through her bob of black hair. It wasn't as glossy after a solid hour of mopping in the dungeon storeroom, but she was still looking infuriatingly stylish.

“Sure you are. Hermione replied, rolling her eyes, “Some of us are still working on cleaning the storeroom.

Pansy frowned, crossing her arms.

Excuse me, I mopped the floors entirely while you two were busy reading in the corner. Pansy retorted.

“Reading! Hermione retorted, “Do you know how long it has taken to sort out all these papers and textbooks?

Pansy smirked unpleasantly.

“I imagine twice as long with you staring at a part-Creature like you want to jump her. Pansy sneered.

“I--” Hermione inwardly cursed how awkward she could get when being called out for her attraction for Fleur, “I do not stare at her like that. Hermione finally managed to hiss.

She straightened her back and tried to look casual as Fleur herself walked past the table of books and papers, the blonde's pretty face perfectly neutral. Pansy observed Hermione's reaction, smiling widely.

“Sure… Pansy drawled, “Maybe if you weren't so busy jerking off to Delacour you would have noticed that you missed the pile of textbooks behind the bookshelves over there too.

Hermione frowned, wanting to retort, before following Pansy's gaze. Sure enough, over by the bookshelves that the Ravenclaw and Durmstrang boy had righted, was a horrific mountain of discarded textbooks and papers even bigger than the one they had just about completed.

“For Pete's sake… Hermione groaned.

“It's okay. Luna said dreamily, “Detention is almost over anyway.