Página Veinte

Fleur would be lying if she tried to convince herself that she hadn't spent the better part of half a week reliving her kissing session with Hermione Granger. Every time her mind began to drift she found herself lost in the memory of pinning the brunette against the cool stone walls of Hogwarts, her hands lost in luscious curls.

Fleur twirled her wand idly in her slender fingers. Professor Snape was discussing a potion they had already learned the previous year at Beauxbatons. It was incredibly difficult to keep Hermione off her mind without anything to actually learn.

Fleur shivered.

The dungeons were always the coldest part of the draughty castle. Fleur wasn’t sure how the Slytherins coped with having their living quarters down there.

Ever attentive, Julie moved her chair closer to Fleur, leaning slightly into her. It took the edge off Fleur's chills.

Fleur wondered if she should just allow herself to freeze in the castle, or to seek alternative warmth from other classmates. The damned Veela blood running through her veins just muddled things further, pushing her to cuddle with peers to ward off her sensitivity to the cold. She had to admit though, it instantly had a calming effect on her.

Apolline had schooled Fleur from a young age on the importance of physical touch to a Veela. It took the harshness off some of the Veela features: dulled sensitivity to cold, allowed for more than the typical light and fitful sleep, cooled a wild temperament. It didn't have to be romantic or sexual.

So Fleur was used to instinctively seeking out physical touch from her friends. In turn, her friends were always very affectionate with her. Hugging, sitting closely to her, holding her arm. They all knew that it was healthy for Fleur as a part-Veela.

Yet, Fleur knew that it must be tearing at Julie's wounded heart.

"You don't have to do that…" Fleur murmured lightly, moving her chair ever so slightly away from Julie.

A flicker of hurt registered in Julie's dark blue eyes before she affixed a smile and nodded, pretending not to notice that Fleur had already started shivering again.

There was a knock at the dungeon doors, interrupting Snape's dull monologue on the potion at hand. Sighing heavily, Snape waved his wand curtly to open the door.

"To what do I owe this interruption?" Snape intoned nasally, fixing his withering gaze on three Hogwarts students.

They looked to be sixth or seventh-yearsㅡ from the Hufflepuff house, judging from their bright yellow ties. All three were smiling brightly, in a way that was so cheery it bordered on obnoxious.

"Hello, hello, hello!" a rosy-cheeked boy from the trio stepped to the front of the dungeon, "We're the Hogwarts Social Committee and we're here to remind you all of the upcoming Yule Ball!"

Various excited whispers and groans began to bounce around the tables in the dungeon.

"That's right, party people!" an equally cheesy girl chimed in beside the boy, "If we want to raise the roof on this party of a lifetime, we need to make sure everyone gets their tickets in time!"

Fleur rolled her eyes, annoyed by the Hufflepuffs already. They reminded her painfully of Apolline when she tried to be 'cool' and 'relatable' with Fleur. Julie caught Fleur's gaze, pulling a face that made Fleur smirk. 

"You have ten seconds left before I deduct fifty points from Hufflepuff for interrupting my lessons with this drivel." Snape informed the Social Committee members. 

"Ah!" the rosy-cheeked boy looked equal parts panicked and intimidated by Snape, "So buy your tickets from the Social Committee and don't forget to find a partner! Dance lessons will be compulsory for Hogwarts students, but not for those from visiting schools."