Página Once

“Hermione, you're a genius, but when it comes to girls, you're denser than Ron.”

Hermione frowned at Ginny, entirely annoyed at being compared to her brother.

“I am not. Hermione sniffed, taking a swig from her butterbeer.

It had been another couple of weeks since her run in with Fleur and the strawberries. Hermione hadn't had much time to dwell on it, spending all of her time not in class trying to work out the Golden Egg for Harry.

Ginny, a little concerned at Hermione being even more intense than usual with her study, had invited her out for a drink at the next Hogsmeade weekend.

Hermione, feeling close to burnout, had begrudgingly accepted without too much pressuring on Ginny's part.

The weather was terrible, skies so dark the afternoon appeared like late evening. Rain poured down heavily from the skies and cold winds whipped mercilessly through rugged up crowds of students.

Hermione and Ginny had selected a seat in the Three Broomsticks that was in a cosy corner, but right beside the window. The windows were so fogged up against the cold outside that they couldn't see anything other than the rain battering the panes of glass.

It had taken a couple of patient rounds of butterbeers, but Ginny had finally got Hermione to talk to her about what was on her mind. Hermione had told the redhead about the night she had helped Julie and Gabrielle back to the carriage, as well as Fleur coming to ask her about the strawberries in the library. Somehow it felt easier talking to Ginny about her crush on Fleur than it did talking to Harry and Ron.

Although, she was quite put out at being called dense.

Ginny laughed, taking a sip from her own butterbeer.

“Hermione, she obviously still likes you. Ginny said, shaking her head.

Hermione frowned.

“You think? Hermione asked, “I wouldn't think she could ever see me the same way after I ran that research project on her.

Ginny laughed lightly, running a hand through her long red locks.

“Jesus, 'Mione. Ginny chuckled,"“It's so obvious. She's clearly torn about the whole thing. Telling you she doesn't know what to think? Asking you if you like Julie? That screams of a girl that has feelings but doesn't know if she can act on them.

“You really think so? Hermione asked, leaning forward at the table. She felt hopeful for a moment, before shaking her head, “There's just no way she can get past what I did, though. Besides, I need to focus on this Golden Egg clue.

Ginny sighed.

“Really, Hermione? It's Harry's challenge. He can work it out himself. You haven't had a life outside classes and studying his Egg for weeks! Ginny exclaimed, "“Harry and Ron make time to play around and have lives, you need to do the same. You can't just pick up the slack forever.

Hermione frowned.

“If I don't do it, who will, Gin? Hermione challenged, taking a big gulp of her butterbeer.

She thought it was a bit unfair for Ginny to say that.

“It's Harry's challenge. Ginny repeated, “And you know as well as I do that if he was observant enough to notice how much you're burning yourself out, he would be saying the same thing.