Chapter 28 : Seventh Year

Peverell Manor - July 7, 2007

When the first full week of summer came to an end Hadrian was once again wishing that he could just be done with school so he could get on with his life. He had started working at the beginning of the week, and loved it. It was a lot like what he had been doing when he had been an Unspeakable in his last life.

So far, all he had really been doing was reading and going over the information Master Hobb had given him. Despite Master Hobb agreeing to take him on as an intern, he still wanted to ensure that Hadrian was skilled enough in the subject before he was going to let him cast anything. So, even though he had once again gotten the dispensation to use magic, until his birthday at least, he still hadn't been able to cast anything. But not even that bothered him.

Master Hobb had given him a copy of his own personal notes to go over and Hadrian found it incredible. Even with everything he had studied in his past life, enchanting hadn't been his main focus so he still felt like he had a lot to learn.

Just thinking that he would have to go back to school, where Dumbledore was, in less than two months could make him depressed. Well he understood that once he was finished school he wouldn't be able to spend all of his time working on whatever enchanting project had caught his interest since he had so many other things that would need his attention, he would still have more free time to do as he pleased.

Hadrian was just so over being a kid.

Prewett Estate

As Hadrian was wishing that summer would never end, Ginny was wishing that it was time to go back to school.

She had been right when she thought this was going to be the summer from hell. Her Aunt was always going on about how to behave properly.

While Ginny did want to learn more about etiquette, she didn't want to learn it like this. Just the day before Muriel had had her sitting at the dining room table for 6 hours just going over proper table manners.

Ginny felt that she needed to learn more about how to behave in proper society since she was going to find a way to ensure that she married into a noble family. She had already seen how some of the titled students reacted to certain things and she wanted to understand why. It was the only way she was going to be able to properly insinuate herself into the proper social sphere since she hadn't been born into it like the others.

But Muriel was a nightmare when she was teaching her. The woman just didn't listen. Whenever Ginny argued that something sounded stupid, Muriel would just keep going. The day before Ginny had tried to explain that there really wasn't a need to separate meals into different courses, just let people pick and choose what they wanted, but Muriel had just kept going on about something, Ginny really hadn't been listening by that point.

Even though it had only been a week, there had been multiple things Ginny had been told that she just didn't agree with. She really didn't understand why those in the upper class went out of their way to make things needlessly complicated. Really, who needed so many forks, one fork was just as good as another.

Ginny knew she needed to learn it, she just didn't like the learning it part. She wished her mum had taught her all this when she had been younger, then she wouldn't have to be struggling with it now.

And her summer had just begun. Muriel had given her over a dozen books to read about the different major families in the country. She had also set down a rather strict schedule about what she was to be learning. In total Ginny was going to be forced to spend a minimum of 4 hours a day studying, either for school or the etiquette lessons.

She wanted to be rich and titled, but she really didn't want to have to deal with the social niceties that came with it.

The Burrow - July 13, 2007