Chapter 18 : First Year

Peverell Manor - September 1, 2001

Hadrian was once again laying in his fathers bed, like he had done when they first moved into the manor all those years ago. He had laid in his own bed until almost 2 in the morning before he gave in and, like he did when he was little, walked down the hall and into his parents room, Nemesis curled in his arms.

His papa had heard him coming in and had moved over so that he could crawl in between him and his dad. Only half an hour after crawling in, a tearful Kali had joined them.

By 4 in the morning, Sirius, Remus, and the twins had joined them. They had spent the rest of the night in one big puppy pile.

As much as Hadrian might have wished for a little more time, morning came far too quickly. The alarms in the room went of at 8am.

The train would be leaving at 11, but the platform would be opening at 10, and it had been decided that Hadrian, Draco, and Neville would get on the train as soon as it arrived. As much as James and Severus wanted to spend every last second with their son, they knew that they needed to get him on the train quickly to avoid having to deal with any of the traitors. Draco and Neville had decided that they didn't want to leave their friend alone.

Slowly, and unhappily, everyone started to get up. Hadrian stopped in the bathroom to shower and brush his teeth.

When he got out of the shower, and was getting dressed, Hadrian took a moment to really look at himself in the mirror. He couldn't see any traces of the boy he had been the last time he had lived this day. Gone was the too skinny, bruised boy that he would have been. He was still fairly short, but he was at least 3 inches taller than he had been before. He knew that he would always be considered delicate and petite, it was just genetics for him, but his slim form was accentuated by slim lithe muscles covered in smooth pale skin that currently held the tan from being in Greece. The rats nest hair was gone, though he still had the natural mess all Potter's had, but the thick fullness he had inherited from his papa made it look like he had styled it that way. His once round, bright green eyes were now almond shaped and a rich dark emerald green. And his features were now more angular, with high cheek bones and full lips, giving him an androgynous look.

Hadrian took Nem back to his room with him to get dressed and to make sure that he had packed everything. Going into his room, he found Dobby and Kreacher methodically making their way through the room.

"Dobby, Kreacher, is everything ok?" He put Nem down and she ran over to her windowsill bed.

"Oh yes, Master Hadrian. Dobby is just checking to make sure young master has everything he will need to be without Dobby for months." Dobby's large eyes started to fill with tears. He wasn't handling Hadrian leaving well.

"Kreacher?" Hadrian asked.

"Elfling Dobby has never had to pack for a young master going away to Hoggywarts, young Master Hadrian, Noble Heir of the House of Black. He's called Kreacher to help make sure he had everything." Kreacher told him.

"Good idea Dobby. I do wish there was a way for you to come with me." Hadrian knew the little elf loved being praised. "Thank you for your help Kreacher."

"Young Master?" Kreacher asked in a hesitant voice. Once Hadrian gave him a nod to continue, he carried on, his voice a little more confident. "Kreacher knows the Potter elves's were sent to Hoggywarts to work. Elfling Dobby is a Potter elf. If one of the Potter elves's brought him to Hoggywarts he could be theres for the young Master."

Hadrian blinked a few times before he started to smile, while Dobby was making squeaks of joy as he bounced. "You are brilliant Kreacher. Thank you."