Ep 25: Together Again

The day Lucinda was coming home finally came and everyone spent the whole afternoon getting the house ready. Kawaii-Chan was in her kitchen all day baking with Zane. He mostly shooed away anyone in threat of Kawaii-Chan's concentration, mostly Garroth who kept trying to taste the dough.

Everyone else was mostly helping Aphmau with the decorations Katelyn and Travis made a few days ago.

Sylvanna and Eric came over that day, the rest of the guests coming later that night; Cadenza, Gene, Sasha, Zenix, Dottie, Daniel, and Rylan. (They get cameos, this story isn't about them.)

After the everything was set up, everyone was in the living room waiting for Lucinda to come.

"I can't believe she's finally coming home." Katelyn said, excitedly.

"It feels like it's been forever since we've seen her." Aphmau said.

"I wonder how she's been doing with her magic at the school." Garroth said, "It's going to take a while for her to get back to where she was before."

"Well, you know Lucinda." Katelyn said, "Once she sets her mind on something, she won't rest until she gets there. I admire that about her."

"As long as this means no more potions lying around." Zane grumbled, "It's rather dangerous leaving them scattered around like that."

"Aphmau told me about when you turned into a baby for a bit." Kawaii-Chan teased, "Kawaii-Chan would've loved to see that! I bet you looked so cute!!"

"Oh, he was." Aphmau said, "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get your shot at seeing him like that."

"Hey!" Zane said, "You will do nothing of the sort!"

"Gah!" Kim exclaimed, looking out the window, "Guys, I think I see Lucinda's taxi!"

Everyone gathered outside to greet Lucinda.

From where the sun was setting, they saw a cab driving up the street. In the backseat, they saw someone, who was no doubt, Lucinda. The cab stopped in front of the house, where they could see Lucinda smiling more than the last time they saw her.

She couldn't have opened the door quicker.

"Lucinda!" Everyone nearly tackled her as they all huddled into a tight group hug. Some of them felt tears sting the corners of their eyes.

"Hi, guys." She said when they broke away, "I missed you, too."

"We all did." Aphmau smiled through her tears.

"Next time you guys go on a big adventure, don't leave us out of it." Laurence said.

"Yeah, you really left with no warning." Dante said.

"I thought we were passed this, you two." Ghost said.

"Ahh!"

Ghost rolled her eyes as Dante said, "Sorry, I'm still not used to you doing that."

"We've been doing it for weeks, now." Kim said.

"No, they're right." Lucinda said, "We should've told them everything the moment we came back from the lodge. I'm sorry we kept you guys in the dark. We were scared about how you'd react."

"Hey, that's alright, Lucinda." Laurence said, "And hey, we can't complain too much. We didn't have to be involved in all that craziness."

"Come inside, Lucinda." Katelyn said, grabbed her luggage from the trunk and paying the cab, "We have a lot to catch up on. There's a party waiting for you inside."

"A party?" Lucinda asked.

"Surprise!"

Everyone went inside to get the party started. But before they could, Lucinda needed to know one more thing, "Where's Aaron?"

"Right here." Melissa said.

Lucinda turned to the staircase where Melissa was walking down with Aaron behind her.

"Sorry we weren't there to greet you when you came. Aaron was asleep, so I thought I'd wait up on him. It's great to see you again, Lucinda."

As soon as Melissa was on the ground, she hugged Lucinda tightly. When they pulled away, Lucinda turned to look at Aaron.

He had his blind fold on and his burns were gone, unlike the last time she saw him. He was in his red jacket and was silent.

"A-Aaron?" She asked cautiously.

"Uh, yeah?" He said, "Who's this?"

"Lucinda. You probably don't remember me."

"Sorry, I-I don't."

Regardless of his response, Lucinda walked over to him and embraced him, "You've been through so much."

Aaron didn't reply. By the broken whisper of her words, he knew it was a heavy conversation he probably wasn't ready for.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Kim asked, "Let's get this party going!"

They turned on some music and the party began. They danced, ate, and played games while Lucinda talked about her experience at the magic school.

It was one of the most fun they all had in a while.