Episode 2

Author's POV

Ezra:OW! Easy.
Madison:God your hair is like a bird's nest! When was the last time you brushed your hair?
Ezra:Hey! I always brush my hair, but they sort of tangle up on their own. I don't have straight and perfect hair like you two, remember?
Pandora:(giggle) It's alright Ezra, I kinda like your messy, wavy hair.
Ezra:Thanks Dora.
Madison:And done, now time for a final look...Oh my God! I can't believe I actually did that!

He looked at Ezra completely awestruck. Ezra slowly turned around and looked at himself in the mirror. His jaw almost dropped on the floor.

The baby blue silk Ball gown seemed to compliment Ezra's figure perfectly. There was a beautiful golden pin neatly tucked in his hair while the rest of his hair was free and falling all over his face.

Pandora:You did a great job with his makeup Maddie.
Madison:I know right!
Pandora:What do you think Ezra?

"It is beyond amazing that's for sure", Ezra thought.

Ezra:It's fine, I guess.

Pandora giggled at his response while Maddie rolled his eyes before cracking a smile as well. He knew Ezra loved it but was too shy to admit it. That was so like him. He was too shy to admit it if he liked something but too bold to express his dislikes.

Mom:Are you boys ready to go?

She said as she entered the room while fixing her tie.

Pandora:You look so handsome Mom!
Mom:Oh stop it!

She said while giggling shyly.

Mom:All three of you look so beautiful.
Madison:So, are we gonna go or...
Pandora:Yes, let's hurry up. I don't want to miss the dance.
Madison:I bet all the good looking women must have already been taken.

Ezra rolled his eyes as they all left for the Ball.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Ezra's POV

We had finally arrived at the mansion and I couldn't help but marvel at it's beauty. It was huge and it had a beautiful garden. It was so big that despite the whole town being present there the place only seemed half full. There were ethereal paintings and gorgeous sculptures everywhere.

The Ball room was filled with people's laughter and music. There were couples dancing everywhere. Maddie and Dora were also in there somewhere, dancing with bulky women. Mom was busy talking with a few of her friends. As for me, I was standing in a corner with a drink in my hand and my one and only friend by my side.

Benedict:I still can't believe that someone actually bought this mansion. Miss Bingley must be filthy rich. I wish I could marry someone rich like that. Do you think I can make an impression on her?
Ezra:Benny, do you not think of anything but women and marriage!
Benedict:Ah, I forgot how annoyed you get when I mention marriage or romance. Why do you hate romance so much though?
Ezra:I don't hate romance. I wanna fall in love too. I wanna get married to the love of my life too. But I don't start dreaming of marrying a girl when I just met her, unlike you or Maddie. I need time to get to know the person better and judge if she's the right one for me.
Benedict:And what exactly is your idea of the "right one"?
Ezra:I mean, the right person would accept me for who I am. She would accept me for my qualities and my flaws and not just the way I look. She would respect my opinions and thoughts and also take my feelings into consideration instead of imposing her decisions on me and stripping me off my speaking rights. She would treat me with love and care instead of using me for sex. She would treat me like an equal and an actual person instead of treating me like a slave or a baby factory.
Benedict:That's really tempting but do you think you can find someone like that?
Ezra:I sometimes tend to lose hope after seeing how things really are in our society but I somehow manage to keep faith in future. I know that I'll find someone like that someday and if I don't, then I'm just gonna stay single forever I guess.
Benedict:I really wish the best for you Ezra. I love you and I really hope that your wishes come true.

Benedict stared lovingly into his eyes as Ezra smiled gently at him.

Ezra:I'm glad to have you by my side.
Benedict:Oh you should be!

Both of them giggled.

Benedict:Anyways, we are at a party. Let's enjoy ourselves, shall we?
Ezra:Of course!
Benedict:So, what do you wanna do besides dancing? Cause of course we don't have a partner to dance with.
Ezra:I heard they were serving muffins here.
Benedict:Why didn't you say so earlier!

Benedict loved muffins. He almost dragged Ezra in the direction of the servant who was holding a tray full of mouth watering desserts. Ezra just giggled at Benedict's actions as he saw his eyes twinkling at the sight of muffins.

After stuffing themselves with muffins, Benedict and Ezra decided to burn some calories through dancing. Despite being half an introvert, Ezra really loved dancing. He believed that dancing bought people together and it bought great joy or relief to people as they could express their emotions through dancing. Ezra's father loved dancing as well. He would often give Ezra and his brothers some dancing lessons and Ezra really enjoyed them.

Ezra and Benedict were just twirling around by themselves, pretending to be dancing with women. Some people stared at them as if they were absolutely mad while some just ignored them. Suddenly, the music began to fade away until it completely stopped and the room grew so quiet that you could hear someone breathing next to you. Ezra looked in the direction where each and every person present in the room was looking at. He noticed two tall figures standing at the entrance of the Ball room.

Benedict:Ezra, do you see whom they're staring at?
Ezra:No, I can't see clearly-

Benedict started dragging Ezra towards the figures so that they could get a clear look at them. They pushed through the sweaty bodies of people and made their way through the crowd. Now they were standing at where they could clearly see the faces of the people who had entered the room.

Ezra's eyes scanned the first figure. She was a red haired woman with short, curly hair. She was tall and quite handsome. She was neatly dressed and the gold embroidery on her coat explained how rich she actually was and how she managed to buy this huge mansion. A woman approached her with a smile on her face.

Woman:Lads and Gentlewomen, Miss Bingley!

She bowed to the crowd and everyone bowed in return.

Woman:And Miss Darcy!

Everybody directed their attention towards the girl standing next to Miss Bingley. Ezra simply gawked at the sight of her. It was as if he had stopped breathing for a while. Mere staring at her was doing things to him, things that he had never felt before. Several alarms went off in his head. He knew it was dangerous for his heart to continue staring at her but he simply couldn't stop himself.

The woman had short black hair that rested on her shoulders. She had the perfect built and a great height. She had clear brown skin and brown doe eyes with long lashes and perfect eyebrows. Her round nose and full lips, everything about her was perfect but what really made Ezra feel butterflies in his stomach was her hard expression.

Her expression was quite mysterious to Ezra and he knew he wanted to know more about her. It was so unlike him to feel this way towards a person he just laid his eyes on, but he just couldn't help it.

She bowed gracefully and everybody bowed back. Both of the girls began walking through the crowd and towards someplace where they felt more comfortable. As they passed by Ezra, Miss Darcy's eyes met with him for a moment and his brain stopped functioning. Not a single thought was on his mind, all he could do was stare into those big eyes of hers. It was like a wave had crashed over him and now he was drowning deep into those eyes of hers.

The girl seemed to have been staring back at him and he internally panicked as he realised that. He sighed in relief as the girl averted her gaze from him. But at the same time he felt like whining as she did that. Ezra had never felt this way, these feelings were new to him and he was kinda scared of these feelings since he didn't wanted to end up disappointed or hurt.

Soon the couples had resumed dancing and everybody was back to doing what they were doing before the two handsome strangers arrived.

~TO BE CONTINUED

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*