𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑓𝑖𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝐼𝐼

7 months later

"God, training Dazai was terrible. He never listened, always did what he wanted. But in the end, he started to obey me and listen to me.
I remember when Mori brought him to my office for the first time, he was your age. Mori taught him, before he brought him to the mafia, and then I became his mentor. He was already so talented and knew what he was doing. We have been very close since then. Osamu later talked about how I bring some meaning to his life. That he felt like someone actually cares about him. I'm so sorry for that poor boy, I can't imagine what he has been through," she paused for a second.

"Everyone knows me as a "guardian angel" now. Someone who protects and teaches newcomers, like you. But now you came, Akutagawa. Dazai is already at the top, he no longer needs mentor or a guardian, so you took his place, as my new apprentice," smiled Sonya to Akutagawa.

"As you know, you are now Dazai's subordinate and also his student. We will both teach you from now on. Sigh
He doesn't have many friends except me and one lower rank member named Oda Sakunosuke? I have never met him but Dazai tells me about him all the time.
Wouldn't you like to become his friend? I believe you two would get along well, you two are very similar after all." Sonya smiled at Akutagawa with her bright look.

The boy didn't know what to say to her, after she told the whole story. But it was his own fault that he asked at the first place.

"Anyways, we're here now."

Dostoevsky and Akutagawa were now standing at the outskirts of the city, in front of an old warehouse.
There were no people around, only the sea swimming against the rocks.

"Stay here. I have to take something," she turned to her left, towards Akutagawa, seeing that he was completely frozen and looked at the warehouse nervously.

Drops of sweat began to form on his face. Sonya knelt down before him and asked with a worried face, "Hey, Ryu. Are you all right?"
When Akutagawa did not answer, she put her hand on his cheeks and then on his forehead.

"Do you have a fever? You don't look sick," it brought the boy out of his trance and stepped away from the girl.

"Ah.. yes. Yes I'm fine!"

"Are you sure-"

"Yes I'm fine!" Sonya looked at him worriedly, but then got back on her feet.

"Stay here then and don't go anywhere, clear?" Akutagawa looked at Sonya and nodded. She turned to the warehouse and walked in.

In the warehouse

As she entered, she immediately saw a stack of boxes stacked on top of each other in the corner of the room. She went to them and waited.

"Dostoevsky, I assume?"

"Hmm. My brother sent me something, give it to me."

She heard the sound of paper and saw a small paper pack on her left. She took it, quickly opened it and closed it again.

"She invited you to visit her again with your brother. She wants to try some new tea".

Sonya chuckled darkly, "you and your tea. Isn't she scared of me?"

"I rather use the word "hate". You know she hates you".

"She hates me because she is scared of me. I know that, you know that and she knows that."

She started to walk away, "I have to go now but I will think about this... lovely invitation. Tell her to eat my ass for me, thank you".

5 minutes have passed.
Akutagawa already wanted to leave this place. He wanted to get rid of the memory what he had said and done to him in this place.
Finally, the sound of Sonya's heels came from the warehouse and walked towards Akutagawa. He immediately noticed her bright and cheerful mood and a small, brown pack in her hand.

"Let's go. I'll buy us ice cream," Akutagawa's face lit up a little and followed her.

"What pack is this?" he asked.

"Um...one thing for the Boss. Mafia stuff you know. You don't have to bother yourself with it, mi ocelle*," Akutagawa nodded again, forgetting the pack and now thinking about the ice cream Sonya had mentioned.

◦•●◉✿ - ✿◉●•◦

*mi ocelle - my little eye