𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑓𝑖𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝐼𝑉

The ringing of the phone startled the girl, who was sitting by the window, in deep thoughts. Sonya went to the table and picked up the phone.
There she saw,
'*Лучший брат' (Lutsšii brat).

She smiled a little and then pressed the button, "my dearest sister. How are you?" came the voice.

"Fedya, finally. I haven't heard from you in months. I'm very well. I have so many things to tell you. I met one-"

"It's all nice and I can't wait to hear what you've collected but it's time to come back home."

Sonya frowned and sat on the edge of the bed in silence.

"What?"

"What? You thought you'd stay there forever? It's time to come back and show what you've got for me."

"...when do I have to be back?"

"Would be nice if by the end of this week"

"Fyodor... could I be here a bit longer? A month?"
Only silence was heard. She became more nervous.

"No. I want to see you in Moscow airport by the end of the week. Don't you want to come home? You don't miss me?"

"Of course I do, I just... two boys here... Akutagawa and Dazai... I don't want to-"

"Sonya Dostoevsky," came a cold voice that immediately closed the girl's mouth.

"Yes, brother, I understand. I'm at Moscow by the end of the week."

"Good. See you then," he hung up.
A few tears flowing down her cheeks.

⎯⎯

A beautiful melody of the violin came from the other side of the door.
Dazai knocked a few times on what the violin ended.

"Come in."

Dazai pushed the door and stepped in. The room was full of sun and heat. Sonya stood in the middle of the large room, with her back to the door, holding a violin. There was a suitcase and hand luggage on the bed, the clothes were scattered all over the room as if everything had been pulled out of the closet.

"Are you going somewhere?" asked Dazai, who pulled a chair from under the table and sat down.
Sonya now turned to him, a smile on her face.

"Dazai. Yes, Mori will send me out of the city, to Tokyo, tomorrow. I won't be back in a few weeks."

The boy looked at her with a confused look, "and you need all these things for that?"

"Yes. It's a long mission." Dazai nodded.

"Maybe I can come along? You know, like in the old days, the old mafia days. You and me, killing the bad guys. Together."

Sonya smiled at her young friend and laid her hand on his brunette hair.

"Not this time. I'm sorry. I will take you with me next time, okay?"

Dazai nodded a little and then looked at her violin. Sonya smiled at it and took the violin under her cheek again and started playing.

The last time Dazai would hear her play, while smiling at him so sweetly.

⎯⎯

There was a knock on Akutagawa's door. The boy looked from his book at the clock which showed 2am. He got out of bed and went to open the door.

"Sonya?"

Sonya stood on the other side with a suitcase and hand luggage behind her.
He could see her pink cheeks and Red eyes but prushed it off as a bad lightning.

"Aku- Ryūnosuke."

"What are you doing here? It's 2am."

Sonya squatted down in front of him and hugged him thightly, which startled the boy a little.
Sonya planted a kiss on his head.
She looked at him again. Akutagawa was very confused.

"I'm going on a mission and I'll be back... in a few weeks..."

Sonya took something out of her pocket and put it into Akutagawa's palm so the boy could not see it, and put his fingers over it.
Akutagawa was now a little terrified. Sonya looked at Akutagawa in the eyes. Now he saw that the pink under her eyes is not the work of light.

"Give it to me when I return. Alright?" Akutagawa nodded.

"What is this?"

"Look when I leave. Be a good boy to Dazai when I'm gone."

"Promise me," Sonya put her right hand's little finger in front of her. Akutagawa then brought his right hand's little finger and they intertwined them.

"You promise you'll learn a lot of new things and become a strong ability user. Maybe you'll get one day even stronger than I am," they both chuckled a little.

"I doubt this," he replied, a little sad that she would leave him.
Sonya nodded and got up again.

"I will come back, Ryu. Don't forget that."

The last words he heard before she turned her back and walked down the hall.
Only her shadow for Akutagawa to see.

⎯⎯

The weather in Moscow was cold and rainy by the time she landed the next day. Sonya had just gotten off the plane when she saw a familiar figure in front of the airport.
She started walking towards him as the statue suddenly turned around. There he stood, graceful as always. Black short hair, bright purple eyes shining, ushanka on the head, presence as graceful and proud as always. Just like she remembered and loved.
Sonya ran into his embrace.

"Fyodor..."

"Shh, you're home now. You are home... "

⎯⎯

*Лучший брат - best brother