10/X: Avella's Gift

~Indy Serenity~

Friday, August 23, 2019

I was finally able to have a day off. I honestly didn't think I would after last week with the promotion. The whole time I was working, I was thinking about Avella and how anxious she must've been without her momma's bead in her possession. I didn't want to leave her feeling like that. I would never make her feel like that on purpose.

Around 1:00, I wanted to go to the store, but not just any store. I wanted to go to an arts and crafts store. Albeit, I didn't want to go alone. Luckily, Lotus wanted to come along when I asked her and told her why. She was a bit crafty herself since she worked at a floral shop, so I wanted her input on some things that I needed to shop for.

Over time, I had been contemplating what to do with the bead. I want this gift for Avella to be something that she'd feel very good about to where she'd practically wouldn't go a day without it. I want to just see the biggest smile on her face once I give the gift to her. It'd be overboard if I say that I want her heart to explode, too, but I really want her to have tranquility once she sees what I make.

Lotus and I arrived at the store and decided to look around the place for a little bit before going to where I probably needed to go. The jewelry making section.

"So, what exactly are you planning to do with the bead?" questioned Lotus.

I was kinda clueless, but I had a couple of ideas that weren't ready to be said yet. "I'll think of something. I'm not too sure on what, but it'll come to me. I want this gift to be special."

Lotus stopped walking. "Y'know, I saw her yesterday at Dan Uni, and ever since you asked her for the bead, she's been worrying about it to where it started affecting her job and schoolwork."

I grabbed the little baggie with the bead inside from my pocket and looked at it. "I figured so. I didn't want to do that to her, but I also didn't want her worrying about losing it if it fell out of her wallet. It would hurt her so bad if that happened, and I absolutely refuse to let that happen. Gotta prevent it before it happens."

"True," Lotus sighed. "She is very attached to the bead. I understand that completely, especially knowing what happened to her as a child. No child should ever go through that at such a young age."

I raised an eyebrow at Lotus, wondering how she knew that. "You know what happened to her?"

Lotus nodded. "Yeah, she told me. She seemed to trust me enough to tell me that. Speaking of trust, she put a lot of that into you, girly. So, her giving you something that means so much to her, kinda sacrificing the very little mental serenity that she probably has, says a lot. She kinda likes you to where she doesn't want to believe that you'll lose the bead and break her trust. I know that you wouldn't do that."

"No, of course not! I care about her too much to do that, either."

"So, we gon' have to put a lot of thought into this gift. I'm glad you invited me to help you out." Lotus smiled and gave me a side hug.

I side-hugged her back. "Yes, of course!" I said. "Look, I not only want to make this gift to help her keep what memories she has of her momma intact, but to also have meaning for other things. I really want to put thought and effort into this gift."

As we were making our way to the jewelry making part of the store, I needed to think about the important aspects of Avella that I could incorporate into her gift. I was about to get lost in thought until Lotus asked me something.

"So, what should the gift be? A bracelet, or a necklace? Or, maybe an anklet!"

I was compelled by the bracelet idea, but wanted the necklace idea to be a backup. The anklet idea didn't seem fitting. "Nah, probably not an anklet, but definitely a bracelet."