⭐️ Chapter 17 ~ Two little girls

Didn't think soon would be right after did you 😜😜

Dedication to 2Denius4You for the amazing cover above!!!!

Chapter 17 ~ Two little girls

Mutter mutter mutter.

Giggle giggle giggle.

Mutter mutter mutter.

That's all I could here from the two boys whom walked, down the cream colored pathway, a few paces in front of me. Honestly, they sounded more like two little girls gossiping about their Grade Three crush rather than two teenage (nearly adult) boys talking about what was supposed to be a serious matter.

So 'serious' that even I wasn't permitted to hear.

Recalling how the whole thing began, it actually seemed like a cry worthy moment. Until, of course, Jessie and James decided to talk. And talk. And talk. And...ugh....talk. Like I thought girls did all the talking and the guys just did all the actions, if you know what I mean.

I never said I was okay with being sidelined. And believe me when I say, I tried edging a bit closer and did manage to catch a gist of their conversation on video games, high school and all that usual boring stuff, but of course, it wasn't long before James caught me and accused me of eavesdropping.

Well whatever, they were getting along and I knew they had a lot of catching up to do too. I mean, it has been six years. James had even decided to show him to our usual hang out, Paradise Coffee. After all this time, I wasn't going to be the one who made it crash and burn. Again.

It wasn't even all that far away, just a short walk through the main square. An impressive, if not crowded, site I'd say. There were a number of small children running around the fountain as jets of water shot up from the ground, drenching their clothes, and the gentle glow of the afternoon sun highlighting the roofs of the small Greek styled buildings.

Any hope of me joining the conversation shattered once we entered the café. It seemed like James and Jessie were still having their little private talk, so they 'requested' me to sit on another table. By myself. With no one around me. Rude.

"You're so mean! Can't I just sit with you and read a magazine or something?" I complained.

"Fine." James groaned and Jessie gave a small smile.

I flipped through the pages of Trapea's Spark, a local gossip magazine, and tried to ignore the two boys who sat across me when Bess came by to get our orders despite the fact that she already knew what we always wanted. I guess, she's probably wondering about Jessie.

"Who's this?" She smiled, gesturing to Jessie.

"Hi, I'm Jessie." He gave his hand for her to shake.

Her eyes widened a bit at the name and gave James and I a quick glance. Both of us returned her questioning gaze with a small nod to confirm what we knew she was thinking.

Her smile grew even bigger as she took Jessie's hand and gave it a strong shake. "Nice to meet you, Jessie!" Her southern accent coming out strong. "I'm this adorable boy's mumma bear." She smirked shuffling James', much to his annoyance. Guess she couldn't help but embarrass him a little first.

Bess and I couldn't help ourselves but laugh as James pushed Bess' hands off his head and whined, "Dude! That sounds so weird!"

"Aww what's wrong? Are you embarrassed?" she continued laughing. "Dude!" She copied.

When our laughter died down we looked at Jessie who had the most confused look on his face. "Um..." He began. "I'm not trying to be rude ma'am but aren't you a bit young to be his mum?"