⭐️ Chapter 7~ Peter Pan's Wonderland

Chapter 7~ Peter Pan's Wonderland

(not fully edited, please ignore all mistakes)

As I was awkwardly standing alone by the refreshments table, I thought about all the trouble my mum made me go through just for this party.

Here, let me refresh your mind.

Yesterday morning, my mother had interrupted my tropical bath time, to notify me that our family received an invitation to one of the 'biggest parties of the year'.

It was a tea party set it in a place called Emerald Gardens. Emerald Gardens was a beautiful botanical park styled venue on the east coast of Trapea.

This botanical venue is a really popular location for any type of event and it was said to be extremely expensive to rent. Not to mention the competition you had to fight to get an opening.

Judging by the venue, you could tell that our host of the party was fairly wealthy. The party was even themed!

Dress code: Flower Power

I know, Original right?

Anyways, because this was a massive party with lots of people. My mum was set on finding the perfect floral dress for me to wear.

We spent all of yesterday afternoon in the shopping district of Trapea, going from boutique to boutique until we found 'the one'.

By the time I got home my legs were numb and I collapsed onto my bed, falling into an endless nightmare on fashion.

So now here I was sipping on some freshly made chamomile tea, careful not to spill it on my new $200 dress from Melany and Co.

It was a soft dress. Thankfully not as extravagant as previous ones my mother bought.

The dress was a peachy colour and it wrapped nicely around my waist. Then at the skirt, a very light pink (almost white) soft fabric flowed out making it swish whenever I spun around. There were also small white flower patterns on the upper torso of the dress that stoped when it reached the middle.

Remember that deal I made with my mum about wearing a certain sparkly pink metallic trim heals to the next party? Yea...let's just say my mother stays true to her word. At first I thought from all the sparkles it would seem out of place with the dress, but it actually fit in quite nicely.

"Alexa, sweetie how are you?" a high-pitched voice asked.

"I'm doing wonderfully, Madam Kathleen," I said. "Thank you for inviting my family to such a wonderful tea party."

"Oh aren't you a dear. I'm glad you were able to come." She said with a smile. "So how are you studies?"

Oh God, the 'how are your studies' question...this is the secret way of finding out if my children are better than yours.

"Very good actually. Currently we are on spring break but when I resume school I will continue to study hard." I admitted. Oh how my mother would be so proud with my formality at only the age of 12. Damn I'm good.

"Yes well, your mother must be so proud," She said slowly. "My son Edward is getting straight A's at his private tuition. The professors there say he's top of the class." She continued to brag. "How he's so outstanding is beyond my knowledge!"

Someone save me! "That's great! Send him my luck."

"Oh, he doesn't need luck sweetie, he has natural talent," She said sickly sweet. "That reminds me of the time when he..."

"I'm so sorry to interrupt, but would it be ok if I stole Alexa from you?" someone interrupted. My hero!

"That's fine, Mason," Mason?! "I have to go make sure the chefs are preparing good quality food to my guests anyways." she said with a smug laugh and walked away.