⭐️ Chapter 6 ~ KOPA

Dedicated to itsoriginalr for a sweet critique! Thank you so much <3 It really helped!! Check out her stuff guys!

Chapter 6~ The Kick of Pure Awesomeness...aka...The KOPA

(not fully edited, please ignore all mistakes)

The morning light was streaming through the windows, as I slowly pried open my eyes.

I slowly got up to a sitting position and did a morning stretch, feeling strands of my hair fall to my face.

"You really should get a better pin for your hair." a voice said to my side.

My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I literally froze. Then I remembered my surroundings. I wasn't at home in my queen size bed. I was in an abandoned --not really abandoned-- oil factory.

"Calm down. It's just me." James said. When he saw I wasn't about to move any time soon he came over and squatted next to my bed. "It's alright. I've known for a while now."

"B-b-but h-how?" I stuttered.

He chuckled to himself. "I can just tell. Plus it's pretty obvious when you wake up with hair too long for a guy." he winked at me.

Slowly, I looked around. No one else was here.

"Where-"

"They're all outside playing soccer," he cut me off. "And before you ask, no, they don't know."

"But, if you know then...?" I trailed off furrowing my brows in fear.

"I woke up fairly early this morning. When I walked past you, I saw you hair. That basically confirmed my suspicions," he explained. "I did my best to tuck it back in before anyone noticed, and luckily no one did. They were all rushing to get outside and I told them I'd wait till you woke up."

I was speechless. James...helped me?

"Come on," He said patting my back as he got up. "I'm going outside now, come out when you're ready ok?" I did a quick nod in his direction as he sauntered toward the door.

"Hey wait," I called out and he turned around. "You won't tell anyone, will you?"

"I've kept your secret so far haven't I, Alex?" And with that he gave me a wink, walked out and closed the door behind him leaving me abandoned in this old place.

Well that was awkward and unexpected.

Today was a Sunday, meaning my family was probably going to sleep in. Plus the fact that they were more than likely still tired from last night. This meant I had time before I was needed at home and even in emergencies, Maude had me covered.

I decided I may as well go out and play with the boys, so I fixed up my hair, slipped on my hoodie, put the star I had been holding all night into my pocket, and headed outside to where the boys were.

It was pretty cool for an Autumn day, as I ran over to where the boys were playing soccer.

"Glad you could join us!" Jessie said kicking the ball to me.

"Glad to be here." I replied with a grin, as I started swiftly moving forward, the ball travelling with my feet.

I looked over at James, who was giving me a lopsided grin. I returned it mouthing the words thank you as we ran off to our positions.

We weren't intense soccer players, like we didn't always follow the rules and have certain positions, but let me just say this; everything I said about the boys previously? Ignore all that! Because when we play soccer, we are the most competitive kids you will ever meet!