Chapter 4

I woke up still a bit tired. I looked over to my right and saw Simon sleeping next to me. His cheeks were still red and wet from crying, and he was clinging on to me like a cub to its parent. I lifted his arms up so that they were off of me, but he wrapped them back around me again. I groaned as I tried again. This time his arms remained off of me and at his sides. I clapped in front of his face to see if he would wake up, and he didn't. Instead he groaned and turned around so his back was facing me. Perfect. I slowly crept up out of bed, I tip toed out of the room without a sound, it wasn't too hard since I was just walking on a wool carpeting.

I peered out the window to see the sun was out and there were already remains of the burned mobs. Still, I pulled out my wooden pick axe and held it out in front of me as I walked, I should really invest in a sword or something, I looked around to make sure I was okay. I jumped every so often thinking there was a creeper behind me. Wouldn't want that to happen, huh? That'd be pretty ironic. I wandered about for a bit until I found my old house or shack, really. I repaired the place and took out everything from the chest I had set up, luckily everything was still there.

I didn't know if Simon actually wanted me to stay with him, or if it's only for a bit. Either way I have my stuff. As I was walking back I noticed from the corner of my eye there was a double chest out in the middle of nowhere. What is this? I opened up the chest to see a bunch of supplies like wood, tools, torches, and apples. I also found other things like clothes, makeup, and toiletries. Where was this last night? I would've really appreciated this.

I pulled out the tools and torches and put them in my bag. I also took the clothing make up and toiletries. I zipped up my full backpack and put it bag on my shoulders. Man this is now heavy. I continued my walk back to the house while swinging the stone sword around. The sword wasn't like how it was in stores. It was made of squares, but it had a really sharp edge and it was heavy. 

~~ 

It had been a week since Simon found me. He had crafted me a bed that was put in his room. A few nights I slept in Simon's bed since I heard him crying. I just wonder how long it's been, and if he's been crying since. Also if he has always been like this, or if he was fine before I came.

I was sitting on a wooden block used as a chair while eating an apple. For some reason Minecraft food tasted better than real life food. I don't know why though. Maybe it's the pixels. I glanced over my shoulder as I heard Simon enter the kitchen. 

"Hey, Jamie," He chimed.

"Hello," I sang.

"I just wanted to say that if you want you can take the spare bedroom and bathroom. You don't need to stay in mine."

"Really? Wow thanks, I'd like that."

I stood up and threw the apple core into the cactus that was in the in the corner of the room to act as a cactus. Before I left the room I threw my arm around Simon's neck and whispered, "thanks," into his ear. I walked down the hallway and went into Simon's room to pick up my backpack. Once I had it I crossed the hall and entered Emma's room through the acacia wooden door. I stared in awe at the crazy room in front of me.

It was specially decorated, just like Simon's, but hers looked really nice. The floor was orange with purple carpet over it in a chess pattern. There were two orange banners next to the door that felt like silk when I ran my fingers over them. There was a picture of two men doing kung fu that hung over a few chests and wooden blocks. On one of the wooden blocks there was a flower pot with a red mushroom in it. Next to that was her bed and another double chest. Across the room there was a jukebox, a chest inside of a mine cart- that's so cool- and an armour stand. The stand had a leather cap, iron chest plate, iron leggings, and golden boots. On the wall that faced the outside there was a window with pink stained glass which made the bright blue sky look light purple.

I set my backpack down on the bed and started to sort my items into the chests. Emma already had a bunch of stuff that was organized, so I just put  my stuff with Emma's. I didn't move much around. After I finished sorting my stuff I dropped my backpack to the floor and fell down on the bed. I leaned my back against the wooden wall and kept my legs flat down. I glanced around the room another time to take everything in. It just looks so cool! When my eyes darted towards the door I saw Simon standing in the door way giving me an odd look. How long has he been there?

I stood up from the bed and walked towards Simon, "Hello Sim-on," I called out and dragged out his name.

"Hey Jame," He replied nonchalantly.

"So, is there a reason that you're at my door like a creeper?"

"Don't worry, you're not being attacked by a creeper right now, I mean you were before bu-"

"Cut to the chase!" My cheeks were tinted red and I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed. His eyes met mine and he smirked which made me avert my eyes to the floor.

"We're going on an adventure!"

"An adventure?" I pushed myself up from the wall, "what type of adventure?"

"A cool one?"

I sighed and shook my head, "Do I have a choice?"

"Yeah, you do actually."

I bit my lip and thought for a bit. I peered up at his face and he was giving me a confused look. As if he couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to go on an adventure.

I chuckled, "sure. I'll go."

"Sweet! Grab some armour, food, and supplies and meet me outside!" Simon cheered as he ran out of the room and down the hall.

I grabbed my backpack and filled it with supplies, took the armour off the stand, and headed outside to meet with a very excited Simon. Good, It's nice seeing him happy. This adventure should be fun. I mean, I'm in a video game! I need some excitement.