Chapter Twenty

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I looked at myself in the mirror, the scar on my left eyebrow standing out like a sore thumb. It has been healing quite well, but knowing how deep the cut was, it won't disappear. I also have a lot of little scars at the back of both my shoulder blades from that hit against the ceiling.

I was surprised when I woke up two days later. I was pretty sure that I was going to be dead as soon as I hit that floor. The pain was unbearable as I became conscious. Madame Pomfrey gave me a Skele-Grow, which made it even worse. I broke both my arms and cracked all my ribs, so had to take four doses of the medicine. I hardly slept that night.

I saw Mandy behind me in the mirror as she smiled and went to stand next to me.

"I'm beginning to hate this scar."
I mumbled, eyeing my eyebrow.

"Why? I think it looks cool. You look quite like a baddie right now."
Mandy gave me an apologetic smile.
"Take it as a battle scar. You fought You-Know-Who without realizing it. You protected Snape from that faker. You helped Harry. You are a true hero, Leila."
Mandy squeezed my arms.

News spread like wildfire of Snape and I who fought the Dark Lord indirectly. Everyone knows what have happened that night.

Ron and Hermione also went with Harry down there where we were, that same night. But Ron was unconscious by the chess enchantment, and Hermione had to go back by the potion enchantment and stayed with Ron until he woke up, they went and alert Dumbledore through a letter.

Mandy, Morag and Isobel came to visit me everyday and only left when Madame Pomfrey basically chased them away.

The good news I've heard when I was absent was that Ravenclaw won against Gryffindor in Quidditch, but only because their Seeker, Harry, wasn't there. Still, we've won!

I smiled at Mandy, feeling grateful to have a friend like her.
"Thank you, Mandy. But I didn't defeat him."

She scoffed, waving her hand.
"You tried to, at least. That proves everything and what counts."

I gave her a hug, because I did not have any words.

"Where is my hug?"
Morag asks, acting fake hurt, as she and Isobel entered the room.

I breathed a laugh and pulled her and Isobel into a group hug.

"The love is back, guys." Morag cheered. "I can feel it!"

"Do not do that to us again, Leila."
Isobel mumbled as we randomly talked  about what happened.

I gave her a a sad smile.
"I can't promise you that, Belle. But I will try."

Just then, Stephen, Terry, Michael, and Kevin came waltzing inside our room. The first one to hug me was Michael. He walked up to me and swooped me in a tight hug. I returned the hug, just as tight. I hissed in pain as he hugged me a bit too tight.
"Oww, Mike! I'm still healing."
I pat him on his shoulder to let go.

He got the hint and immediately let go, mumbling out a 'sorry'.

I gave him a smile, saying that it is okay, before the other three boys came to crush me also in hugs.