Chapter 2

The bell rang, indicating that it was lunch time, making his jaw clench.

'Finally,' he thought. He wasn't particularly hungry but that didn't mean he didn't want a break from all the schoolwork.

At least he was able to put his earbuds back in, as the teacher wouldn't allow it, thinking it's disrespectful and all.

Tobio has already asked her once and she straight up told him no. Again, saying that it was disrespectful, that he wouldn't concentrate on the class if she let him and how he'd probably secretly listen to his music.

Kageyama tried to explain that he was autistic and it would help him with his sensory overloads and his sensitive ears but she didn't believe him and still said no.

"Kageyama!" Hinata shouted excitedly making him jump as he was trying to put his earbuds in while walking down the hall, trying to find a quiet spot.

"What do you want?" He asked in a hushed tone, continuing to walk, Hinata followed after him, confused by the tone of his voice but didn't bother asking about it.

"You wanna play?" He asks, holding up a volleyball. Tobio glances at it. "No," he bluntly says, still in the hushed tone, walking away from his friend.

Yeah he could have said it in a nicer way but he has a splitting headache and his ears are overly sensitive so he wasn't too keen on how he sounded in that moment.