Weaknesses

"Mami and Papa met here in Colombia and fell in love. They had me and we stayed here for about two years? Mami worked in London so we moved there and carried on with our life. Mami was always busy with work and Papa made her meals and baths for when she got home. The older I got, the more later Mami would come home. Last year, she didn't come home one night and my father was worrying. I didn't know what was happening because I was revising in my room for an upcoming test." We were in Camilo's room and he was holding my hand. "You're really focused on your education, huh?" I just shake my head and laugh, nudging him a little. "Yeah, my mother wanted me to be the best of the best. Anyway, Mami got home finally and her and my father started arguing. Them arguing wasn't exactly news to me, it became very frequent once I started going to private school. My papa didn't approve of it because Mami was basically sending me away and she ended up calling him dramatic and blah blah blah. But this argument was a bit too much. I heard Mami scream something but I couldn't make out what it was. Papa must've known however, because he just went silent and stormed out the house. And tHen uhmm..."

My voice started to crack and I could feel tears prick the corner of my eyes. Camilo didn't say anything about it, he just pulled me against his chest and stroked my head softly. "Sorry, I shouldn't still be crying, this happened a year ago, pffttt." Camilo held my hand and kissed it. "Y/n, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, it can still make you feel emotional and please don't apologise for crying. Letting down your guard around me is really brave of you. You don't have to tell me the rest, don't worry." I sit up and look at him, shaking my head. "No Camilo. I trust you enough to tell you so I'm going to tell you the whole thing." I clear my throat and carry on.

"Mami turned around after some time and we made eye contact. She looked surprised to see me there, like I was some sort of ghost. I remember the exact words she told me that night. "Y/n my darling, mommy has made a mistake. You're going to have a younger brother but your father isn't the dad." I saw her face tear up but eventually I started to tear up too because how could she do that to my papa?" I get off Camilo's bed and pace around the room, slowly feeling my sadness turn into rage. "Papa was nothing but loyal to her and she cheated?! He made her meals, looked after when she was sick and that wasn't enough for her?! Not to mention, around that time I had a boyfriend and when I broke down to him about this, he thought it would be hilarious to tell everyone at school. So I was the laughing stock at school now, which was great! By this time, Papa and Mami had divorced and moved out. I ended up meeting my "brother" and the dad because they lived with Mami. The boy was called (whatever name you want) and the man was called (another name you want). I got to my mother's house and I saw b/n in my room, drooling on and messing up all my revision notes that I needed. I yelled at b/n to the point he started crying. sd/n came in and held my shoulder saying that he wants his daughter to be more nice to b/n so I slapped him and shouted at him about how I could never and will never call him my father. Mami rushed in and started to shout at me but then I ended up screaming at her, calling her disgusting and how I could never forgive her for cheating on Papa. I ran out Camilo. Just being in that house was too much for me to handle."
(b/n - brother's name & sd/n - stepdad's name)

After taking some deep breaths, I manage to calm down. "Papa and I moved here because there was a job available for him but I'm pretty sure he just wanted us both out of that country and back in his home one. I was never a violent person but with everything that was happening, I snapped a lot more regularly, whether that was at school or at Mami. I ended up getting kicked out of school because I attacked my ex. It really wasn't my fault, he was mocking my parents splitting up. I really couldn't hold it in anymore. I took anger management classes before we moved here but I don't think that's going well if I've already yelled at Sebastián."

I look at Camilo who was still on his bed and paying full attention to me. I smiled and walked over to him, holding his hand and leaning on his shoulder. "I didn't want to tell you this. Not because I don't trust you, I really do trust you. I just didn't want to bring any of the memories to Colombia but after I saw Mirabel and Julieta hugging, it made me envious of their mother-daughter relationship so I ended up crying and then Sebastián saw me and tried to comfort me." I look up at Camilo with a smirk. "And you started getting protective of me." Camilo blushes slightly and looks away.

"I'm not going to diss your mama but if you're happier here then you belong here with your papa," He lifts up my face and smiles. "and with me too." I feel my face turn red but I just burst into tears, gripping Camilo's arms and laying on top of him. Camilo stammers in shock of the new position but I don't give him a chance to speak. "How are you so respectful?" I weep, feeling my face burn with tears. He just rubs my back and hides his face with his other hand. "I'm just looking out for you. My mamá and papá raised me with respect and manners so it'd be a waste if I didn't use it. Especially with you." I lift my chin up and tilt my head. "Why especially me?" I feel Camilo breath slowly and he whispers, "Because you need a shoulder to cry on, hermosa. I want to be that shoulder. You're amazingly beautiful, smart, wise, sweet and strong. I want to be there for you when you're at your lowest and help you get up again. I want to be there to see you achieve your goals. I want to be there for you." I sob into his chest and let him carry on cuddling me. "Gracias Camilo." I feel him kiss the top of my head. "Anytime, mi vida."

*sigh* Get me a man like Camilo. My life will literally be so much better.