Ruining a proposal

The Gúzmans are the last to take their seats. I'm sitting next to Camilo and Félix and when Mirabel, Dolores and Agustin reach the table, they look highly troubled. Camilo and I glance at Dolores who hasn't broken eye contact with Mirabel. I hear soft squeaks come from her and frown. Grabbing Camilo's shoulder, I whisper "What's wrong with your sister?" Camilo leans closer to me and whispers back, "I'm just as confused as you are." I smile in attempts to make it less awkward. Luckily, Camilo isn't the awkward type so he winks at me and eats his food.

I grab the bowl for Félix when I hear Dolores frantically whispering something into Camilo's ear. I glance across at Mirabel and see that she was distracted for a split second but when she looks back at Dolores, Camilo changes into Mirabel, Bruno and back into himself but with weird eyes? Félix leans across, "Camilo, fix your face." and with that, Camilo hits his chest and turns back to normal. I tap his shoulder and raise an eyebrow, hinting that I want to know what it was. Camilo hesitates, looking at Dolores who just nods. He grabs my hand and pulls me into him, whispering quietly. "Mirabel broke into Bruno's tower and took his vision and she's in the vision but it's of Casita falling." My eyes widen in disbelief. "WHAT?!" Everyone else looks at me concerned. Papa gives me a warning stare. I could tell just by his look that I wouldn't dare try to ruins this evening. I breathe in and smile awkwardly. "Apologies. I'm sorry." I glance at Mirabel for a spilt second and see that she's staring at me, which puts me in a tight spot. My friend or Casita? I mouth a "sorry" to her and lean over to Félix, repeating the same thing Camilo told me. Félix spits out his water, straight at Mariano. Oh God.. I play with the straw in my glass and look at my shoes. I couldn't stand to make eye contact with Mirabel, I've just betrayed her. Camilo puts his hand on my thigh and smiles at me reassuringly. "It's okay hermosa, we can leave straight away after the proposal." I just mutter an "mhm" and hold his hand to let him know I'm fine with it.

I notice my dress getting wet and I look over to Félix, who was now whispering to Pepa. He's telling Pepa- Her mouth widens and the cloud above her increases in size, making me look up with worry. "Pepa, your cloud.." Abuela mutters. I lean forward slightly and frown. Is Pepa actually okay? I go to hold her hand but a thunderclap scares me and I hit my leg against the table. I wince and push my chair out, leaning over to look at where I hit my knee.  "Mierda." Some blood begins to trickle down my leg. Camilo passes me a napkin and rubs my back. "You'll be okay y/n."

I see something green glowing in front of me. It's rats, solving a puzzle? Luisa starts crying at the doorway and Mirabel dives under the table. I yelp and jump up, falling off my chair and hitting my head. Mirabel seems to be holding a tray when she stands up but it falls out of her grasp and spins across the table, right in front of Abuela. A wine glass falls over the edge and it's contents spill all over me. What is going on? Please tell me I'm hallucinating. I hear Isabella scream and hear what sounds like Mariano getting hit with something. "IT WAS MIRABEL. SHE BROKE INTO BRUNO'S TOWER AND TOOK HIS VISION. SHE'S GOING TO DESTROY THE MAGIC AND NOW WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!" Dolores panics then it starts to rain and everyone gets soaked. Camilo turns into a baby and a man. Baby-shaped head and man-shaped body. Félix looks across and gets startled with Camilo's new appearance but when he notices I'm not there, he turns to find me on the floor. "Y/n, look at you, are you okay?" He helps me up but my cut leg began to bruise so it was kinda hard to stand up without feeling pain. "Gracias Félix, I'm okay. Just a messed up leg and a ruined dress, that's all." I laugh and wince when I balance myself. Camilo changes back to normal and looks at me. His eyes glance down to my leg and his face floods with worry. "Oh, I didn't think it would be that bad. Hang on." But as soon as he says that, the front doors swing open and we hear a crowd outside cheering. They think the proposal went well.

Oh, how wrong they were.