Selena Fernandez

Papa shortly gets home and Camilo asks for his permission to take me out. My father laughs and agrees, making Camilo promise I don't get hurt. This whole conversation makes me sigh and I pull Camilo out the door. He wraps my arm around his and we stroll down my path into the village. "Where are we going?" I question. Camilo looks at me and says nothing. His silence slightly concerns me but I carry on letting him guide me.

After a few minutes, we reach the town plaza and I see a band playing music. Very upbeat, joyful music. I gasp and smile at Camilo, letting go of his hand and stepping forward to admire the people dancing. Clearing my throat, I hold a hand out to Camilo and bow. "Care to dance?" I smirk. He simply smiles and holds a hand to his head. "Of course. How could I decline such an offer?" We both laugh and Camilo takes the lead, pulling me into the crowd.

(This is like the scene in Rapunzel btw)

Everyone is dancing happily and I've never felt more at home. Camilo twirls me around and he spins aswell, matching my spins. Our hands meet above our heads and we both smile widely at each other. He holds my waist and lifts me up, and all the other females have been lifted up aswell. The males let us down and the guitarist yells "SWITCH!!", and with that, we find a new partner.

Another familiar face is in front of me and my one and only book partner smiles. "Hello nerd." I laugh at Sebastián and begin to dance. "The only nerd here is you, Mr. I-read-fantasy-novels-at-fifteen." Sebastián dances with me and spins me around. "Touché." We both concentrate on our moves and instead of the males throwing us up in the air, they have to dip us. Sebastián asks me if I'm fine with it and I nod. He holds my waist and dips me, making sure I don't drop. I hear a feminine laugh which catches my attention and I turn to see Camilo with another girl our age. She holds his face and begins to lean in.

Oh no, no no no. I beg for it not to happen but it does. She kisses him and the worst part is that he lets it happen. I see his eyes glisten and it almost seems like he wants to cry. But why?

Sebastián must've caught me staring because he stands me up and holds my face to look at his. "Don't focus on them. Selena does that with everyone. I want to help Camilo, I really do, but he hates me. I tell her not to do stuff like this but she's as stubborn as my papa. Yet she complains when I call her a hoe. It's not respectful, I know, but hey. You know, that's how Camilo and I fell out." He shrugs and we continue to dance but I stare at him in shock. "She's your sister?!" Sebastián nods and spins me around, keeping in time with everyone else. "Well, twin sister for that matter. We look alike so I thought it wouldn't be hard to guess?" My jaw drops and I look back over to the girl and Camilo. To my surprise, I see Camilo looking back at me with a smile. The song finally ends and I frown at him and go back to talking to Sebastián. "Let's go to the library again." Sebastián lets out a puff and sighs. "The library is closed. We can walk around the village though if you'd like."

Honestly, it would've been awkward if I stayed because there'd be the risk of seeing Selena or Camilo.

So I agreed and went with him.

The walk was quiet with occasional donkeys trotting beside us and off to its destination and some children running around but I wasn't complaining. I didn't know what to feel.

Then Sebastián spoke up.

"The real reason I'm moving to London is because of my papa. He was killed when he went to London for an interview but they haven't found the killer. I want to get a job where I can find people like the person who killed my father and bring them to justice. Maybe get a job where papa would be proud of me. He's been gone for two years. Mama has been crying every night and Selena has now become a.. well.. the way she is now. I opened the bakery in attempts to take my mind off it but whenever I close the bakery for the night, I think of papa. He loved to bake and the memories would always rush into my head. Camilo was there for me and made sure I was alright but then he met my sister and she ruined everything. Camilo started dating her a few months ago and one day he caught Selena cheating. He was angry at her but then she pointed out the fact he always has to change into someone else and that he was never enough for her and that did something to Camilo. I went to comfort him but he shouted at me and said that he never wants to speak to me or anyone in my family again. So the reason me and Camilo aren't friends? Selena. And who did he just kiss? Selena. My relationship with my sister isn't the best but if she isn't trying then I don't see why I should."  Sebastián speaks lowly and I can tell that he's uneasy speaking about this.

"I'll move to London with you and help you become a detective, pinky promise. Actually, maybe not now but when I get older." I suggest and he smiles at me, nodding. "I'm fine with that, nerd."

A wild bush appears in front of us and we both jump. I turn around to Casita and see powder being thrown everywhere on the roof. "Sebastián, I'm going to go to Casita and see what's going on but I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?" I hug him and run up to the house, thinking what it is that's going on but a foot trips me up. I tumble on the floor and my knee grazes against a stone. I wince and look up to see Selena.

"Listen here. Camilo is mine and you're not allowed to speak to my brother because let's face it, you're not the most attractive girl in the village and Sebastián can do so much better than you." A laugh erupts from her lips and I stand up to match her height. She slightly taller than me but that doesn't matter.

I decide to argue back but with more.. snarky remarks. It's not the type of person I am but I want to try.

"I don't even know you so it's kind of weird that you're starting problems with someone you don't know. If you're obsessed with me then it's fine, I wouldn't necessarily blame you. Why do you think Camilo kissed me today? I'm sure you already know because you have a bit of a reputation around here for getting with everyone but he's a really good kisser." I cringe at the last bit. This is disgraceful, how can people behave like this? Selena frowns and steps closer to me. "That kiss you had with my boyfriend? It didn't happen. Anything that happened between you two? Didn't happen. Camilo doesn't actually like you, he was just using you because he missed me. But I'm here now so he's going to drop you soon, I can tell." She snarls and right on cue, Camilo walks over to us.

"Oh hi y/n, I see you've met Selena." Camilo smiles at me. Oh so he's calling me by my first name now? What happened to hermosa?

"Oh hi Camilo." I mock him. "Selena was just telling me how she's your girlfriend and you were just using me." I laugh sarcastically and stare at him. His mouth drops open slightly and he goes to speak but Selena cuts him off. "Yes, my darling was using you. You were just new to the village and he saw you as fresh meat while I was absent." She turns to Camilo and holds his face. "I'm so sorry I missed your brother's ceremony, querido. I have a gift for him though, a lion teddy!" Selena laughs. Camilo glances at me and he looks so sad for some reason. I don't let it phase me and I cross my arms. "Hermosa, she's not my girlfriend. Believe me, please. There's clearly been a misunderstanding. I only like-" I don't let Camilo finish his sentence. "You know what, Camilo? I don't have the energy for drama. If she's your girlfriend, good for you. I'm going back to Casita, there's something happening there and it doesn't look good. Just a word of advice though, you can do so much better than her."

I sigh and walk off from a pissed Selena and a hurt Camilo. Maybe I should've let him explain but now's not the time. I'll talk to him later when she isn't with us.

Hello again, this chapter is very rushed but I wanted to get a chapter out this week 🥲 Also, 2k+ reads?! Thank you so so sooo much guys, I really appreciate it ♥️

A brief explanation:
Selena is Sebastián's twin sister and she's been  seeking male validation since her father died and she doesn't like y/n because of how close she is with Camilo. And if I've offended anyone with calling Selena a hoe then I apologise.