Babysitting

"I was waiting outside your house for two hours, where were you going with him?" Camilo frowns deeply at Sebastián. "Oh my god, I completely forgot. Camilo, let's go now. Come quickly. Sebastián, thank you for this morning. I'll see you tomorrow for the next visit, okay?" "Yup, see you tomorrow y/n." I smile at Sebastián and walk off, pulling Camilo along with me.

"What did you two even do?" Camilo questions. I sense jealousy but I ignore it. "Can you believe he likes to read too? I think it's awesome. Now I know I'm not the only nerd, no offence to Sebastián." I laugh but Camilo simply asks me, "You like to read?" I nod and smile widely. "I've always liked to read since I was 6 but I've read all my books so it's been a while. Luckily though, Sebastián took me to the library and there's so much more books there. He was telling me about how he's moving to London next month because of the education there. It's expected, London has really good education. I was in one of the highest schools there. There's no schools here though so when I reach the age to apply for college and stuff, I'll move back to London. Not with my mami though, I'll find a college that lets me stay there." I babble but when I look at Camilo, he seems disappointed.

"So you're moving back to London? When?" "Uhh, sometime next year. I'm not really in a rush now since I'll be studying there for years. Law school is tiresome." I try to lighten the mood with a wink but he looks more upset. "Years? What if you get a boyfriend?" He holds my hand tighter and I see him bite his lip. "I highly doubt that I'll get a boyfriend, I'll be focusing on myself. But if I get a boyfriend, I want it to be someone who's there for me and there's only one person I have in mind." Camilo looks at me with hope. "And who's that?" I look ahead. "Oh look, we're at my house. Let's go see Camilla." Camilo whines and pulls at my hand. "Hermosa, tell meeee." I skip up to my door and open it, pulling us both inside.

"Camilla, I'm home!!" A small girl with curly black hair and golden eyes immediately comes running to the door and she jumps right into my arms. She looks exactly like mami. Camilla laughs and holds my face. "Y/n, I missed youuuu," she moves her head to stare at Camilo. "Who's this? Is he your boyfriend?" Camilo and I both blush. Clearing my throat, I speak up. "No, hermanita. Camilo is my best friend." Camilla reached across for Camilo and he scoops her up, spinning her around. "Hello, beautiful. I'm Camilo, the magical shapeshifter~"

I giggle and sit on the couch, watching them play. "You don't shapeshift, silly. Shapeshifters don't exist." Camilo raises an eyebrow and puts her down. "Oh really? Name me someone in this village and I'll shapeshift into them." Camilla places her hands on her hips and thinks. While she does that, Camilo looks at me and smiles. "She reminds me of you, hermosa." I feel myself blush and swat my hand at him. "Be quiet estúpido." "Hey! Camilo was speaking to me!!," Camilla pouts at me and crosses her arms. I roll my eyes "Sorry, bonito." Camilla smiles and says, "Shapeshift into Cecilia!" Camilo smiles. "Is she your best friend?" My little sister nods eagerly. "Yup! Now change into her, quickly, quickly!" Camilo smiles again and looks at me. "Camilla, you're just as feisty as your beautiful sister. Or my girlfriend for that matter~" Camilla gasps loudly and spins around at me. "YOUR BOYFRIEND IS A SHAPESHIFTER?!" I blush furiously and walk to my room, slamming the door. "This is nonsense! CAMILO IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!"

Sighing, I walk over to my bed and flop on it. Camilla was bad enough but now Camilo being here, I really need a break. I play with my fingers as I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. I notice all the intricate details on here. Along the sides, little butterflies are enveloped with vines. It feels weird with me going to sleep leaving Camilla unoccupied but Camilo is here to take care of her. Plus, papa has gone out somewhere so I let myself rest. Just for a few minutes.

The sound of a loud bang wakes me up out of my sleep and I run out of my room, frantically looking for Camilla and Camilo. "Camilla? Camilo??" I rush to the kitchen and see the pair playing with the pots and pans. Camilla has a table cloth wrapped around her and Camilo is wearing a pan. What a weird yet perfect chaotic pair, I think. Camilo must've noticed my panicked look because he stands up and leads me to the couch in the living room. "It's alright hermosa, I just dropped a pan. I'm sorry for waking you," He grabs a nearby blanket and places it over me, leaning in to kiss my forehead. "sweet dreams." My cheeks go pink and I hold his face. I sit up slightly to kiss him on his cheek. "Thank you, my pretty boy." And with that, I sit back down and close my eyes, letting myself fall asleep.

"Y/N!! WAKE UP!!" I groan out of annoyance and see Camilla dragging the blanket off me. I glance up at the clock. 11:38am. I've been asleep for about an hour. "What's wrong, hermanita? Where's Camilo?" My little sister shrugs at me. "He's in the kitchen but he's been acting weird since he tucked you in an hour ago," She clambers onto my lap and gets really close to my face. "did you put a spell on him?" I frown. "No Camilla. I did not." Camilo rushes out and sighs. "Ay Camilla, let your sister rest. She's busy all the time you know." He picks her up and mouths a "sorry" to me. I laugh softly and whisper an "It's okay" back to him. "Actually, Camilo?" Camilo looks back at me. "Yes hermosa?" I get butterflies but I ignore them. I pat next to me, signalling for him to sit down next to me. "You're good at storytelling, read us a story." Camilla wiggles around in his arms out of excitement. "Yes, yes!!" Camilo chuckles and sits down next to me, placing Camilla on my lap. I put my blanket around us all and I lean my head on Camilo's shoulder, holding his hand. Camilla has already fallen asleep surprisingly. "So I guess I don't need to tell a story then if little miss troublemaker has fallen asleep." I softly laugh and smile.

"Thank you for helping me with her today, you're a lifesaver. I really owe you one." I gush. Camilo sighs. "Anytime, mi Vida. Sooo, can I know who it is you were speaking about earlier?" I look up at him. "You mean with who I find the most boyfriend-material?" Camilo nods. "Oh. Well I was speaking about you. I mean look; you're good with children, you're thoughtful, generous, charming, kind and respectful. Not to mention you have good looks. Your freckles especially. Just you as a person, Camilo Madrigal, is my idea of a perfect boyfriend. No one else, just the goofy, smiling, adorable boy I bumped into on my first day here." I murmur and hold his hand tighter.

Silence fills the air and after a while, Camilo lifts up my chin. Just enough so we could make eye contact. Then he leans in and kisses me, ever so softly.

Okay, this kiss is real, I promise. I kept falling asleep writing this so yeah :D anyway I hope you liked it <3