Snapping back to reality

"Y/n?" Camilo shakes my shoulders gently. I nod at him. "Yes?" "You kinda blanked out for a minute. I said get some arepas from Tía Julieta before you go." I close my eyes and hum an "mhm".

Wait so I really just imagined kissing my bestfriend. Oh my god. What is wrong with me? Well I did, but it was only a kiss on the cheek. Everyone kisses each other on the cheek. It's a sign of respect. But did I mean it as a sign of respect? Or to show affection?

Camilo walks out and I go around the table, cleaning up. I glance down at my leg, it's gotten worse. Around the cut has swollen and my leg has gone a slight shade of purple. I'll get back to this cleaning later.

Limping over to the kitchen, I see Julieta sitting at the table with her hands on her head. "Hola Juli- Julieta are you okay?" I sit next to her and reach out to hold her hand. She slowly looks up at me and gives me a weak smile. "Sí, I'm fine y/n. Are you okay?" I nod and hold her hand tighter. "I'm okay, you just seemed upset so I wanted to check on you. Do you have any arepas nearby that you cooked? My leg is a bit.. busted. Heh." Julieta looks over the table at my leg. "Oh my! Y/n why didn't you tell me sooner, you went through that pain for why?" She stands up in a hurry and grabs an arepa on the kitchen side, handing it to me. I take a bite and smile. "I wanted to make sure everyone was okay first. It's not like my leg was going to drop off. See? All better!" I hop out of my chair and dance around the kitchen. Julieta smiles at me widely. "Ay y/n. Your father did such a good job raising you." I feel my face flush and I give her a small smile. "I guess he did if the Madrigals approve of it. Are you sure you're okay though?" Julieta looks away and frowns. "Mirabel ruined Isabella's proposal and now I don't think they're ever getting married." I sigh and hold Julieta's hands again. "Isabella is a strong willed woman and she's always going to find someone who adores her." I get a small glint of hope from Julieta. "I hope so." "I know so, Julieta." She sighs and hold my hands tightly. "You're an angel y/n. Thank you so much. And please, get home and focus on your little sister, I'll handle the dining room." I hesitate but nod and walk out the kitchen. "Gracias Julieta!"

I dance down the path to the front door with my wine stained dress. I probably look crazy but I'm in a really good mood. Luisa seems to be struggling picking up the table. I rush over and help her pick it up. "There we go. Luisa, please ask for help. You'll be a lot less stressed." She looks at me and bursts into tears. I jump and drop the table, rushing to her side. "I'm sorry Luisa. I'm so sorry, please don't cry." I hug her tightly and when she hugs me back, I feel like my bones were crushing. "Mirabel told me the same thing earlier today." I look at her with a raised eyebrow. "What did she say?" Luisa sniffles and puts me down. "Oh, I can't really remember but she went to Tío Bruno's tower and took his vision. Turns out she was in it." I look up at Bruno's tower and frown. "Thank you Luisa."

I don't take my time rushing to Bruno's tower which is how I got caught. I barge into Abuela and she already looks mad so me bumping into her wasn't exactly a wise choice. "Y/n, just where are you rushing to?! This is the second time and it's getting annoying." I take her hand apologise frantically. "I'm so sorry Abuela. I was just trying to get to Bruno's tower and I thought that-" "Bruno's tower? Y/n you are not to go there! Go home." And with that, she walked past me, leaving me to stand there with my thoughts. I upset Abuela.. I feel tears prick the corners of my eyes and I rush downstairs to go home but a hand holds my pinkie. It was Antonio.

I wipe my tears and crouch down to meet his eyeline. "Heya Antonio. Can't sleep?" He shakes his head and frowns. "Sorry Abuela shouted at you, she's just in a bad mood because of the chaos." I poke his nose and wink. "Hey, don't apologise silly. I'll be fine, I just don't like being shouted at." Antonio gives me a hug and walks off to his room. "Goodnight y/n." I wave at him and walk out of Casita, letting my thoughts flood my head yet again.

Mwahahaha, the kiss wasn't real~ But guess who has just thought of a bunch of angst? ;) Grab some tissues because you might shed a tear or two 🤸🏽‍♀️ Yeah no, I was joking. I won't be doing angst. Yet. It'll actually be pretty good and nothing bad for a few chapters. I'd say that I'm good with my words so my use of vocabulary might strike you readers ehe. But in all seriousness, like I said before, I'm back at school so the updates will take longer. Normally, I would write before and after school but I've developed a crush on someone in my class who reminds me of Camilo so I spend most of my free time thinking about him. Okay but his curly hair is just, mwah. (I need immediate help.) Anyway, I'm talking a lot about my personal life but it was just an explanation since my previous announcement was very vague. Stay safe darlings <3