Chapter X

Mistakes are what make us human. It is perfectly normal to slip up or make a decision that may affect yourself or those around you. It's the latter that usually causes people to run into trouble, however. But no one is perfect. Of course, there's always the fact that people should be wary of how their actions affect others and everything that comes with being a "good" person. But as it was stated, it is perfectly normal to slip up.

Being a human means making mistakes. There is no pre-written book about how someone should act or what it means to be a perfect person, because that does not exist. No one is "perfect" and everyone has a flaw that affects them one way or another. People are overly emotional, or emotionless. Some people think too much about others, or are too cold to do that. There are always two different sides to what makes a person, a person.

There are mistakes that lead to bigger consequences though. Immoral wrongdoings such as crimes usually come with a law-bound punishment to perpetuate reformation and help you recover. Smaller slip ups could include adding the wrong ingredient to a dish and having your cookies taste like salt instead of sugar.

Then there are those mistakes that aren't as catastrophic as breaking a law, but not as small as mixing up your salt and sugar. These typically come in the form of hurting someone else, intentionally or not. Doing something that influences or affects the results of another persons life or creates a change to their emotional state is that middle-ground of mistakes that make people cringe decades down the line in their life.

These mistakes typically happen to those who aren't quite mature enough to understand the power of the small words they say.

-----

Remus let out a bark of a laugh as he, Sirius, Peter, and James wandered through the halls of Hogwarts with their luggage in hand. It was the day they would all go their separate ways, minus James and Sirius, for the winter holidays to spend time with their families back home.

The werewolf was particularly excited for the upcoming weeks, as he had been granted permission from his parents to spend a few days with the infamous Cassiopeia Black at her sisters house. Despite Sirius's warnings, nothing had come between the train that was Cassie and Remus as they headed full-steam ahead to something beautiful. Whenever Remus saw the brunette wandering around the halls, his day immediately brightened and whatever was plaguing his mind disappeared into a fog of nothingness.

"Excited to have some alone time with Cass this break, Rem?" Sirius grinned as the four Marauders came to a stop at the train station, climbing onto the bright red transport.

"More than you know," Remus chuckled, a heavy blush altering the colour of his cheeks as they filed into a compartment, "Nervous as all get out, but excited."

"Don't worry," Sirius grinned, clapping his best mate on the shoulder, "Andy's really cool and Ted's a good guy. Their little one is an absolute doll too."

"Nymphadora, right?" Remus queried, hoping he got the name down, "She's a metemorphogus, Cassie told me that."

"Oh yeah, it's a good laugh to watch her change her hair colour," Sirius snickered, his eyes staring off as though he were reliving the moments, "Funniest shit I've ever seen, the first time she did it. Scared the daylights out of my cousin."

"I can imagine," Remus crowed, hualing his suitcase on top of one of the shelves, "I'm running to the bathroom, be back in a sec."

Remus rolled the sleeves of his cream-cableknit sweater up, pushing through the various students within the train as he made his way towards the lou. He cleared through the thick of the group, emerging on the other side and crossing to another train car towards the nicer bathroom. He wasn't supposed to be wandering through the cars, especially towards the one where Head Boys and Girls were, seeing as James was made Head Boy.