Chapter Thirteen - Goodbye To Love

All I know of love is how to live without it

"I think we should break up."

If Sirius had been her soulmate, then those might as well have been the words written on his wrist, because Lemongrab was as good as dead to him after that.

"...Sorry?"

Lemongrab paused. That had come out a bit quickly...

The words stood between them and held their silence in its grasp. She took a deep breath and then repeated what she had said.

"I think we should break up."

"Are you serious right now?"

There was no Sirius/Serious pun made by either of them, a rare occurrence.

"Yes."

Sirius paused.

"Any reason?" He asked, his tone accusatory. Lemongrab felt a slight pang in their chest as they recognised where this sudden arrogance had come from, Sirius often lashed out when he was hurt.

"I just don't think this is working," She tried her best to stay kind, "It's not that I don't care about you, I just- I've been feeling a bit off for a while now and after what you and James did to Small Saverus-"

"This is about Snivellous?" There was a fury in his eyes that scared Lemongrab slightly.

"Just the fact that you're calling him that speaks volumes." She said, quietly.

"Fine. Saverus. This is about Small Saverus." He laughed without a hint of humor in his eyes. "I should've known."

"...What's that supposed to mean?" Their voice became a little louder.

Sirius didn't answer; he just stared daggers at Lemongrab, his lips pursed as if there were several things that was supposed to mean.

"I'm not having this conversation." He finally spoke, "You want to break up? Fine. Let's break up."

More silence. More staring.

"Sirius..."

Sirius stood up and walked out of the common room without another word.

***

Later that night, Lemongrab decided to make her way to Sirius's dorm to smooth things over a little. She noticed Regulus Black exiting James Potter's room, and a pang of sadness pierced her heart; it was a painful reminder of the distance that had grown between her and Sirius.

Entering the room, Lemongrab found herself face to face with Sirius, their emotions still raw. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice filled with regret. "I didn't want it to end like this."

Sirius's expression remained hardened. "You're sorry? This is what you wanted, right? To be free to run off with..." He trailed off

Lemongrab's eyes widened, hurt flashing across her face. "You know how much you mean to me-"

"Don't give me that bullshit."

Tensions rose once again, their voices intertwining in a dance of anger and heartache. Words were said, wounds reopened. Lemongrab's hope of finding closure faded as the fight reached a bitter end.

Leaving Sirius's dorm, Lemongrab felt a profound sense of loneliness settle within her.

***

The next day, the Marauders began to bully her, further deepening her pain. All of the activities that Lemongrab used to be included in, she watched as their life continued without her. Remus Lupin in particular took over a lot of the fun activities that she and Sirius used to do together. Betrayed by former friends who took Sirius's side, Lemongrab withdrew from classes and meals, seeking solace in the confines of her dorm room.

In the midst of her despair, Lumpy Space Princess became Lemongrab's pillar of support, bringing meals and offering unwavering companionship. Together, they navigated the storm that had engulfed Lemongrab's life.

***

Meanwhile, for Small Saverus, the months that followed December were a blur of conflicting emotions. The weight of his role as a Death Eater burdened him, but he hid his turmoil beneath a facade of toughness. He acted as though he were invincible, unwilling to reveal the cracks in his armor.

Both Lemongrab and Small Saverus sought solace in the familiarity of the Black Lake, a place that held memories and comfort for both of them. They unknowingly gravitated towards the same spot, drawn by the need to clear their heads and find a moment of respite.

Their paths remained parallel yet untangled.

They sat side by side, not acknowledging the strange feeling in the air... the tension.

"Hello." Small Saverus said quietly.

Lemongrab just laughed lightly in response.
"It's been a wild couple of months since we last sat here."

A/N - Sorry this chapter took so long to come out! I actually forgot I was the author of this fic and was waiting for an update too x