Just a Little Complaint

As most of you know, last month was Dr. Seuss Month. It being his birth-month, why not have the entire 30 days dedicated to this man who brought so much hope and inspiration to children! He was a man who was a great part of people's childhood, he deserves recognition, right?

My complaint is as follows: How come Walt Disney never got a month dedicated to him? 

Dr. Seuss, don't get me wrong, was a great guy. But he gets a whole month because he was such a huge part of kids' childhoods? Why not share that love! 

Walt Disney was arguably just as important and inspirational to childhoods as Dr. Seuss was. To some people (myself included) Disney was actually more important to their childhood than Dr. Seuss was. 

Disney was a man who built an entire empire on a mouse and a few other wacky characters. He's shared magic and hope and inspiration to us even up to his death. And after death, the company still managed to share its magic with us! Movies like The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lilo and Stitch, Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, every Disney movie has given each child a taste of magic and wonder! 

Tell me something: As a kid, where was the one place you wanted to go? Where did you always desire to be? What was the one place you always begged your parents to go, causing them to pull their hair out until they finally agreed to take you? Disney World (or Disneyland, depending which is closer to you). 

Why did you want to go there? Because it was "The Happiest Place On Earth". 

Every Disney movie you grew up with. Even today, you would watch them and sing along to all the songs. Even today are you able to name your favorite Disney movie. Even today, you still want to go to Disney World. 

Name one other movie comapny or book series that has you able to do that.

Now tell me, tell me why Walt Disney does not have a set date and/or month that celebrates his legacy.