Fact #482

While in an interview, Idina Menzel has confirmed that a sequel to the ever-so popular "Frozen" is in the works.

Now, some of you may be distressed by this because Disney hasn't exactly had a good reputation when it comes to sequels. For example, the monstrosities that are "The Little Mermaid 2: Return To The Sea", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2", "Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World", etc.

But don't worry. Those terrible follow-ups to the beloved Classic Disney movies are not made by Disney Animation Studios, the branch of Disney that creates the animated movies of the Reniassiance ("Little Mermaid", Beauty and the Beast", etc.) and New Renaissance ("Tangled", "Frozen", "Big Hero 6", etc.).

Those sequels were made by DisneyToons, the branch of Disney that is basically just a cash-grab and has no other reason of existing except to spit out awful straight-to-DVD sequels in order to snatch money from the grandmas who mistook the Disney sequel as the orginal and both get it for you. This branch has also made films like the "Planes" series (just to clarify, "Planes" is NOT Pixar).

Anyway, "Frozen 2" will be made by Disney Animation Studios and not DisneyToons, so don't expect a crappy sequel to a popular movie.