Chapter Two; Part Six: Excalibur of Souls

@ All Rights Reserved for the titles and stories within;

“The Elementary of a Soul” and “The Soul Stories” and “Excalibur of Souls” and “The Excalibur the Sword of Souls”

By Chris S. Clevenger

Edited Last: 2-1-13

--- Chapter Two; Part Six: Excalibur of Souls ---

The news of her friends being in danger nearly sent Anna into a panic, but her years of training and skills kept her on task. She ran down the hallway at what seemed to be slow motion to her, but what had to be extreme speeds for everyone else. Everyone to a person jumped as she ran by.

But when the idea of her friends in danger she was most likely what had flooded her with adrenaline. Or so she would hope. But the question would be there to be asked, soon, after she had time to think about it.

This with the dream where new things in her life that just did not seem to fit. They came out of nowhere for her. Oh sure she worked out and studied hand to hand combat all her adult life. It was a matter of work for her. A tool to be used to save her own life when her gun was not useable. Never in her life had she been that fast, as she was in that last little fight with the thugs.

These thoughts were only minor in her mind compared to the worry she felt for Meg and Maylin. Where she was training in combat of all sorts, her friends weren’t nearly as skilled.

As she came around the last coroner she seen yet two more men, dressed like the ones she beat up in the stairwell pushing a gurney and a wheelchair out of the room.

“Hey!” Anna yelled as she drawled her gun and took aim. “Stop!” She yelled once more, but they seemed to not be listening and this was not going to happen.

As soon as they hear her they start pushing faster. 

In the 'Force' they teach that if you shoot, you kill. She was not sure that was needed, just yet. So she kept up the persuit and as soon as she was closer to them she leapt into the air at the man pushing the wheelchair and dropped kicked him, knocking over the chair and sending Meg to the floor, but the fall didn’t wake her. She had to be drugged.

Dammit they drugged them! Anna thought as she ducked the punch the man had thrown at her and then returned a dazzling three hit combo of her own on the man. Guts. Balls. And then the Throat. All this for just for pissing her off. Anna could fight and she was showing it.

Again Anna seen and felt herself moving with the speed and grace, that she had never before had. It had to be the sight of her friend; Meg, falling onto the floor sent her into a rage. She was willing to kill them and not care about it.

Anna looked around and seen she was alone standing in the hallway. She had taken the two out so fast she had not even noticed how it all happed. She blinked feeling the rage within her, the wanting to kill, to take them apart piece by piece. But in the end it was the sight of Meg on the floor, all alone and hurt that melted her heart. As affective as a ice cold shower.

Anna rushed to her side and was on her knees checking her. “Meg please be ok,” She whispered as she felt her neck.

Finding Meg alive, just in a drugged sleep made her relax. She looked up in time to see the nurses looking at her. “Call the police… the Bobbies!” She yelled at them. “Or whatever their called here.” She growled the last bit mostly to herself as she looked at Meg and then Maylin.