Chapter 3 - Celebration

🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨

  Hmmm... you thought to yourself, considering your reflection in the full-length mirror inside your room.

You had put on a nice white blouse with a shimmering silver skirt that went down to just below your knees. Your hair was half-up, half-down, and you were wearing a pair of pearl earrings, with a matching necklace. You had also applied a light layer of makeup, including a bit of silver eyeshadow. Since you didn't get dressed up very frequently, you'd decided to try a whole new silver theme for the ceremony - and to be honest, you were loving it so far.

(Here's what I imagine her to be wearing (minus the heels and purse (unless you want to be wearing heels lol)):

Obviously, you are free to interpret it any way you want :)

Giving a little twirl in front of the mirror, you decided you were all set, and headed downstairs.

Your parents were in the dining room with their bags, speaking with your Tía. Marcó and Victoría were ready, standing by the door.

"We're gonna go now, Tía," you called.

"Espera, mi amor, wait-" your mother hurried over, followed by your father. She engulfed you in a warm hug, and your dad hugged you on the other side - so that you were completely squashed between them. You did your best to hug them both back, smiling joyfully even though you had a strange tingling feeling running down your spine. You couldn't quite place the feeling, but it seemed like... foreboding.

Huh... weird.

"We love you, mi amor, and we'll see you soon," your mother released you, holding your face lovingly. She kissed you on the cheek, and so did your father, before turning to hug your siblings.

When they had finished saying goodbye, they both turned back towards the dining room.

"Adiós, Mamá, Papá. Te amo," you called after them. They both glanced back to give you one last smile, before you and your siblings turned and strode out the door into the crowded street.

•••TIME SKIP•••

You were astonished at how many people had been invited to Antonio's ceremony - it seemed as though the entire town was attending.

When you got closer to Casita, you noticed Luisa and Camilo greeting the guests as they arrived. Camilo was altering his form into that of each person he welcomed into the house. You personally considered it slightly weird to be welcomed by yourself, but maybe Camilo was doing it so that everyone had a last opportunity to check their appearance before entering?  You had no idea. Nearing the shapeshifter, he grinned at you. He kept his form as his own, which you appreciated.