The Fight

i am literally praying on my knees to have a snow day. by the time this is posted i'll know if we have one or not :)

UPDATE: WE HAD NO SNOWY DAY AND IMMA CRY 

~~~~~~~~

I woke up still in Camilo's arms. He was asleep. I crawled out of his arms and put a pillow in the empty space I once was in. 

I opened the door quietly and began to walk down the stairs. As I did, I saw the entire Madrigal family standing at the bottom of the stairs. My "dad" was there as well.

"Oh, bonta gentille..." I mumbled in Italian as I began to walk off. 

"Wait! Y/n! Please!" The annoying man yelled. I huffed, mumbled some words to myself, and turned around. I stood there, stiff.

"Yes?" I asked. I made sure to make it obvious that I was not in the mood to talk to him. Honestly, I'll never be in the mood. 

"Can we please talk? I have a lot to explain." He remarked. I scoffed.

"You have a load of things to explain." I stated as I crossed my arms. I could see tears gathering in his eyes. I sighed. I'm just too nice. 

"You have five minutes." I told my "father." He smiled and I realized that his smile was like mine. 

I followed him as I was led to another room. We both decided it would be better if we talked in private. Most of the Madrigals still don't even know what's going on between the two of us. 

"Listen," He started.

"Trust me. I'm listening." I snapped back. The hope in his eyes was slowly vanishing. I felt little to any remorse. 

"I'm not the one who sent you out." He informed me. I raised an eyebrow. That can't be true.

"Oh yeah? Then who did?" I quizzed him. I could see my "dad" fiddling with his fingers.

"It was your step-mother." I was told. My head felt dizzy. I have a step-mother? Or had? This seems completely far fetched to me.

"What about my real mother?" I wondered. 

"She did die from an illness." He assured me. I gave my "dad" a judgmental look.

"You moved on from her real quick, huh?" I accused him. My "dad" scratched his stupid bald head. He couldn't even defend himself! I've never felt more pissed off.

"Your step-mother threatened me." He said. I cocked my head in confusion. Before I could interject, he continued. 

"She said that if I didn't marry her, she would hurt you. And- and... then she made me kick you out. Otherwise, she would kill you. I just thought that... it'd be better if you were alive and homeless than just dead." My "dad" explained.

 He was crying now. He must be more sensetive than I am. I couldn't help but feel slightly bad for him.

"I... I don't 100% believe you. But, I won't completely hate you." I assured him. I mean, after all, he is my birth dad. I can't totally ignore him. Not that he knows where I live now.

"Thank you!" My dad rejoiced as he came in to hug me. I flinched and stepped back.

"Still not a hugger." I grimaced. My dad nodded in an understanding way.

"Okay. I understand. I'll go back to this so-called Abuela." He told me as he walked off. I wiped my sweaty palms on the bottom of my dress. That went slightly better than I expected.

I walked out of the room and saw everyone standing there. Except for Camilo, Abuela and dad.

"You guys want to know what happened? Hm?" I guessed. They all shook their head. Then what could they want?