Love's In The Air <3

idk bout y'all, but ive been drinking chocolate milk, eating cookies and starbursts all day. #healthy #girlboss #materialgurl #urmom.com

anyways enjoy this wholesome chapter ;)

~~~~~~~~

"Yeah. We're home early." I said in an exhausted voice. I didn't realize how tired I was until now. 

"Can you untangle me and Y/n? Please?" Camilo begged. Isabela gave us a smirk. I took that as a no.

"Isa. I swear." I threatened Isabela trying to point a finger at her. That was no use since my arms were tied, of course. 

"Alright. Alright." She laughed as she retrieved the vines. I rolled away from Camilo instantly like a ninja. I could just hear the intense music being played and being in slow-mo.

"Why are you guys back so early?" Questioned Abuela. I cleared my throat and stood up. Camilo did as well. 

"That is what we need to talk about." Camilo responded nervously. Then, we explained everything. Their faces turned sour as we reluctantly told them that we had smuggled kids and my dad out of Italy.

"You what!?" Abuela shouted. There was a dark cloud gathering over Pepa's head. This went... really great. 

"You don't understand. My dad and my step-siblings were getting verbally abused my their mom. My step-mom. She's okay with it." I assured everyone.

"You never asked us! Did we say we're okay with it!?" Abuela yelled back at me. My lip trembled and I internally cursed at myself. I am not going to be a wussy and cry in front of everyone here. 

"If you guys aren't okay with it, then I'll just take the twins and Josie. I'll go find a place to live. I'll take care of them." I stated in a calm manner. 

"And I'll leave with her." Camilo remarked as he took my hand. I smiled to myself then returned to the serious expression. Everyone was silent for a moment. Suddenly, Mirabel stepped forward and came next to me.

"I'll leave, too." Mirabel said as she took my hand. I felt my eyes watering for a different reason this time. I quickly shook the feeling away. 

"Me too." Dolores whispered as she came up beside Camilo and took his hand. Camilo and I exchanged glances. We were both smiling. Luisa and Isabela came to our side as well without a word.

Everyone eventually came to our side except for Abuela. She was standing there surveying the family that had abandoned her. She sighed and shook her head.

"If they sleep in your room and don't make a fuss, I won't bother you guys. Your dad can sleep on a couch or something." Abuela gave a sly wink before walking inside. Camilo and I gave each other a hug as everyone stood there and watched.

"Stop the smoochy stuff. I want to see my new friends!" Antonio complained. Everyone laughed as we released our hug while blushing.

"We'll go get the kids and dad." I stated as I scratched the back of my neck. Camilo and I went to the car. We let them know what Abuela had said. They all cheered and Caleb shook Janet. 

"I want to meet this Antonio kid!" Josie cried out. She clapped her hands and giggled. That made me chuckle.

"Alright. Just remember to be on your absolute best behavior." I reminded the kids. They nodded. Josie saluted to me. Camilo took Josie's hand and we started to walk back. Caleb and Janet were whispering mysteriously to each other yet again. Dad came up to my side.

"I just want to thank you for everything. I know you didn't have to forgive me. Maybe you haven't, but I really appreciate you." Dad told me. Even after everything, I realized that dad wasn't a bad guy. What he did wasn't okay, but he was just scared.