Eating Good

i need a boyfriend. theres a dance at my school coming up and i am NOT going alone. i need tips T-T

anyways, ignore what i just said and dream about camilo ;)

~~~~~~~~

Holding the glossy menu in my hand reminded me of how unfit I was here. I felt like a sheep in a heard of wolves.

Camilo sitting next to me, however, was a natural at being rich. And of course he is. Camilo can do anything and everything. Him being in that sexy tuxedo made him look even better, too.

"What's a chinchilla? It looks good." Camilo stated. I almost busted out laughing, but since everyone in this restaurant was dead silent, I just let out a small giggle instead. 

"You mean an enchilada?" I teased Camilo as I pointed to the menu which he had read totally wrong. He blushed in embarrassment. I put my hand on his thigh. He stopped breathing.

"You're being so hot today." I whispered into Camilo's ear as I took my hand away to grab my water and sip it. I left Camilo there shocked. It felt good to be on the other side of the gun for a change.

"Y/n, are you and your buddy know what you want to order?" Dad's wife quizzed me. I tensed up when she called Camilo 'buddy.' She does know he has a name, right!?

"I would like the (favorite pasta), and Camilo would like an enchilada." I told her. I made sure to put emphasis on Camilo so she would understand that my buddy has a name.

"Alright. Perfect." She smiled. Her smile looked so fake like she didn't even try to hide it. I really do not like her.

When the waiter came up to her, she started talking in a flirtatious tone. I looked at my dad. He didn't seem to mind. Everything about her really made me pissed off. 

When the food came, the smell of pasta filled my nose. I hummed and closed my eyes in excitement. I haven't had pasta in so long!

"Enjoying your food?" Camilo teased me with a smirk. I was confused for a second, but then I covered my mouth as my eyes widened when I realized I had just moaned. Oh god... 

Camilo didn't say another word as he started to cut into his Italian enchilada. I'm not sure what Camilo was thinking when he ordered one, but our enchiladas are a lot different from Mexican ones.

"Gross." Camilo muttered to himself as he forced himself to swallow the bite of enchilada he took. 

"What's wrong with your chinchilla?" I mocked Camilo. He ignored that part, though.

"It doesn't taste like the one Tia Julieta makes." Camilo said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, obviously. Italian enchiladas have different kind of ingredients than the Mexican ones made in Casita. They're two different countries." I acknowledged. Camilo made a face before taking another bite.

"It's not too bad when you ignore the taste." Camilo shrugged. I laughed softly as I bit into my pasta. Not eating pasta for a while made me hungry. I practically licked the bowl clean after I was done with the pasta. 

"Would you like to order dessert?" The waiter asked as he came up to the table. Hm. Dessert. Sounds like a plan to me!

"We'll each get a cannoli." My step-mom said speaking for all of us. The waiter nodded and walked away not bothering to ask us what flavor we preferred. 

"What's a cannoli?" Camilo whispered into my ear. I gave him a confused look. How does he not know what a cannoli is?

"A cannoli is a dessert."

"Thanks for the vague explanation." Camilo rolled his eyes. I laughed to myself. The waiter came back with the cannolis in hand, giving one to each of us. Camilo studied it while I took a bite. Just as tasty as I remembered.

"It looks a little messy." Camilo noticed. I raised an eyebrow at him and watched his every move until he finally got the hint. Camilo took a bite and his eyes went wide. His pupils expanded.

"Whoa." He smiled. It looked like he had a sugar rush. 

"It's good, right?" I smiled at Camilo. He turned his expression to me and grabbed my arms. I tensed up.

"It's the most amazing thing I've ever tasted!" He exclaimed. I laughed. Of course he likes it. It's full of sugar. 

Camilo and I continued to talk to each other the rest of the night until it was finally time to go home. The limo ride was the same. Awkward and absolutely silent.

Camilo and I walked into our room hand in hand. As we entered the room, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I let out a sigh of relief. I had survived dinner without doing something totally awkward and embarrassing. 

"That was..." Camilo trailed off.

"Absolutely terrifying!" I groaned and fell onto the bed. My face was against the pillow and I buried myself into the bed. 

"You did good though, babe." Camilo assured me as he rubbed my back. I was too relieved to be flushed.

"Thanks..." I muttered. My voice was muffled against the silk pillow. Camilo continued to rub circles on my back. It gave me goosebumps and I shivered.

"I'm tired. Are you?" Camilo quizzed me. I nodded. He left to get changed, so I grabbed my pajamas too. I brought sweatpants and a white shirt. 

Camilo came out with boxers and no shirt on. My eyes widened and a weird sound came out of my mouth.

 I clenched my eyes shut and tried to make my way to the bathroom without bumping into Camilo. I failed miserably. 

As I ran right into Camilo, he wrapped his arms around my waist. Now this is awkward and embarrassing. Just what I had been trying to avoid at dinner.

"You need to open your eyes to get to the bathroom." Camilo informed me. I could hear the stupid smugness behind his voice. He's such a jerk!

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was staring straight at Camilo's chest. I shoved his arms off of me as I went to the bathroom with pajamas in hand. I don't think I'll be able to survive sleeping in the same bed as Camilo. 

I brushed my teeth and opened the door to get into bed. Camilo was already under the covers while propping his head up with his hand. I was on the verge of exploding.

"You know what, I can sleep on the floor." I said in a nervous manner as I started to walk to the floor far away from Camilo.

"It'll be too cold." Camilo said. His voice sounded sort of disappointed. I shook my head.

"I'm sure I'll be fine." I told Camilo as I grabbed a pillow and laid on the floor. There was no extra blankets, but that's fine.

I'm not sure why sleeping in the same bed at night with Camilo made me feel so weird. I've cuddled and slept with him before, but that was just naps. Not actually at night. I guess there was a big difference in my head. 

I closed my eyes and tried to make myself fall asleep. It took a while, but it worked.

For some reason, it seemed that Camilo had a hard time sleeping as well. He kept waking up in the middle of the night. But, that's not my business.