𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I'm such an idiot!" Carla muttered, annoyed at herself for being - as you could probably already tell - a complete and utter idiot.

'Why didn't I just tell her that I wanted to speak with her at breakfast? Instead I had to almost choke myself with food and for what? To see that she's already left!' She bitterly berated herself, kicking a random stone as she walked through the village - invisible, of course.

After seeing that Mirabel has already left, Carla didn't waste any time in leaving the breakfast table, leaving behind her bewildered family.

Of course, it wasn't easy finding Mirabel in the busy morning streets of Encanto, especially when there was a lot of people that needed help on her way. She couldn't just leave them to fend for themselves for her own selfish reasons!

By now, though, Carla was getting frustrated at her fruitless attempts in finding Mirabel. It was already nearing noon - hence lunch time - and she still couldn't find even a strand of Mirabel's hair unruly hair.

Letting out a sigh of resignation, Carla decided that maybe it would be best if she just waited until after lunch to talk with Mirabel. And this time, she'll make sure to ask Mirabel before she could get away.

-

As Carla arrived back in the Casita for lunch that day, her face lit up upon seeing Mirabel already sitting at the dining table, eating her food with a thoughtful look on her face.

With that, Carla hurriedly grabbed her own plate of food - not even bothering to smuggle more on it like she usually would - before she went to sit on the thankfully, vacant seat beside Mirabel.

Plop!

Carla internally groaned when she saw Dolores beat her into sitting on the not-so-vacant-anymore-seat beside Mirabel.

Grumbling, Carla sat on the seat next to Dolores, before glaring at the said girl.

"What?" Dolores asked, confused.

Carla didn't say anything but gave her hermana mayor one last withering stare before she turned to her prima who was on Dolores' other side.

"Hey, Mira." She called.

"Hm?" Mirabel looked up at her with a curious brow raised.

"Can I like, talk to you, after lunch?" Carla said, sounding somewhat sheepish.

Dolores, being the nosy older sister that she was - what? She couldn't help it! - had both eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"Yeah, sure." Mirabel shrugged before going back to eating her food with a  thoughtful look on her face.

Carla smiled to herself in slight triumph before she started happily digging into her own food. Although before long, she looked down at her already empty plate in confusion.

'Right. I forgot to grab more food.'

-

"So what did you want to talk about?" Mirabel asked as Carla led her into her room - which was still a white void.

"Uhm... well - oh! Careful, my laundry basket is there." Carla led her cousin away from the spot where she knew her currently invisible laundry basket was placed.

Her bed then suddenly appeared, startling Mirabel a bit.

"I still can't memorize where your stuff is despite how many times I've been here." Mirabel said as she sat on the edge of the bed while Carla jumped and plopped onto her bed face first.