Cruel. ( Gerard's P.O.V)

It's funny how this cruel, horrible, wretched, world works. It's amazing how the people you love will do anything to protect you. But the truth is, no one can protect you but your own soul. It was the first day of high school and I already screwed it up by letting Frank get hurt trying to protect me. Deep down in my heart something is telling me that this isn't my fault. But the truth is, my brain knows its my fault... The whole entire school knows it's my fault.

As I sit in this cold hospital bed, I can't help but think about the fight. It's like the harder I try to think about something positive, the harder the memory hits me.

"Good morning Mr.Way...I am Hillary and I am your nurse." I didn't know what those stupid jocks did to me but i can remember what they did to frank. They beat him until he was coughing up blood. I tried to protect him but they had alredy had me pinned on the floor. It's funny how we protect the people we love more than we protect ourselves.

The nurse was going on and on about how hurt i could have been fighting with boys like that. But the "boys like that" gave me no choice.

"When can i leave the hospital?" I demanded in a strong, yet frail tone of voice. My hands were bloody and bruised and so was my stomach. And then it hit me like a big red dodge ball... Where are my parents

"ma'm... do you know where my parents are I need to speak to them now... RIGHT NOW!" she looked scared.

"Sir they are on there way.I don't know why they aren't here right now, but that's not my fault."

"Call them... tell them i'm waiting."

I wanted to see Frank. But I didn't know why mom and dad weren't here already. My cellphone was an the nightstand so I picked it up and texted frank: in the hospital... don't worry i'm okay. I knew that frank would probably rush over here but I didn't know if I wanted him to.

I didn't want to be a burden to him anymore. I need to let go.