[ nine ]

3 days had passed since I last saw Camilo, I don't know what's going on with him but I'm guessing it's a serious problem because the last time he ghosted me for three whe days was when we had an argument about chicken and eggs.

That argument got serious that he almost broke up with me because I believe the egg came first then it hatched into a chick and it grew into a chicken. It was a crazy fight, he ignored me and wouldn't even bother looking at me.

[FLASHBACK]

"AACK! You stupid chicken, dont hit me with your beak" I say to the chicken infront of me.

Our next door neighbor asked me to feed their chicken because he was too sick to move. I happily volunteered to help even though I hated chickens.

I added chicken food in the food bowl for the chickens and gave them water to drink. After that, I told my neighbor that I was done, they handed me money but I didn't take it simply because I literally just fed their chickens. But they insisted, so I went back home with a bag of cash.

"Kira, deliver these to Julieta, will you?" My mom tells me.

"I literally just got home, let Yelena or Rio do it"

"They're out doing errands, and it'll be dangerous if I ask Yesenia." Mom says, I just gave in because I had no choice.

My mother also told me to buy some sugar and vegies since the market is close to the Madrigal house.

Jesus Christ, can you just let me lay in bed all day?"

Before I could even knock the door, Dolores came to welcome me and led me to the kitchen where Julieta was. She told me to place the basket I was carrying to the basket and she thanked me them gave me a warm hug, I return the hug back and made my way out of the house.

On my way out of the door, I saw Camilo carrying an infant. He spotted me and waved. We were a new couple, things were still a little bit awkward between us.

He walked towards me, still carrying the infant and greeted me, "Hola, bonita." he says

"Yo!" I respond back

"Were you just at our house just now?" Camilo questions me. He gave the baby back to its mother and told me to accompany him to get eggs from the chicken farm.

"I don't lik-,"

"Come on!" Camilo grabs my wrist and basically dragged me to the where the chickens were at.

I was panting and coughing while he stands proudly. He must really like chickens then...?

"Cami, I just wanted to let you know that I fear those things even more than I fear my parents." I plainly said

"Oh. Just stay there for 10 minutes." He replies

Ten minutes later he still couldn't get a single egg from the chickens, it turned out the chickens hated him too because they wont stop attacking him with their beaks.

Camilo was sweating like crazy. I couldn't stand the sight of him struggling so I just help him even though it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

"Kira. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

"Are you kidding me right now?" I started and gave him a look of annoyance.

"I think the chicken came first..." Camilo continues, still trying to grab an egg from one of the chickens.

"What no, the egg came first." I tell him

"Where did the first ever chicken come from?" I added

"You know, Amor, you may look very beautiful and cute but you are very dumb." Camilo, my very wonderful boyfriend, replied while he tucks my hair behind my ear.

"But yeah, the chicken definitely came first." He adds. "Oh finally, I got an egg!"

"Camilo, we've been trying to collect eggs for almost 20 minutes and you only got one egg." Right when I finished that sentence a chicken took a shit on my hand.

"Ewwwwww, Kira. Don't touch me."

I ran straight to the water well and washed my hands. When I came back the eggs we've been collecting was on the grass, shattered.

"Uh..." Camilo starts

"What the fuck..." I say

It took us an additional 35 more minutes to gather eggs again, and the sun was starting to get hotter and hotter in each passing second. So after we finished gathering eggs, I felt relief and wanted to sleep like a baby when I get home.

"So...do you still think eggs came first, mi corazon?" He really had the guts to say that after he made me gather most of the eggs in the basket.

"Bro. I haven't changed my mind, not even a little.

"Your so boring to talk to sometimes, bro." Camilo replies, I knew it annoys him when I call him that, and I love seeing that expression on his face every time I use it.

Camilo wouldn't stop pestering about her girlfriend about the eggs and chicken stuff and ended up fighting like cats and dogs for weeks.

"Shush.." I brushed my index finger on his soft lips hoping to shut him up but he never did.

"THE CHICKEN CAME FIRST BECAUSE I SAID SO!" Camilo yells.

"Whatever, you say. You crazy-chicken-obsessed-stupid b-," He started mimicking me and I exploded. I used my ability to float an egg and threw it at his face.

I didn't let him start an egg war so I screamed Dolores' name to let her know that her little brother is being annoying and so that she brings him home.

//
my longest chapter yet. not proofread as usual so plss correct any errors! i'll gladly edit them,

im sorry for nor using unique adjectives in my to make some words a lot more vivid imagine, idk english that much yall pls bear with me :(