[ thirteen ]

a/n: i was planning to make some angst because of the last chapter but that would fuck up my mental instability even more so, im doing the exact opposite.

[BIRTHDAY SPECIAL]

Today is a special, It's Camilo's 16th birthday. So I've decided to give him a little surprise. I'm not the best with planning birthday parties or grand things so I came up with an odd idea.

It is currently 6AM in the morning and I am about to make my way into the market to buy ingredients for a cake that I'm planning to bake. I've told my parents that I won't be working at the store today because I'd be very busy.

I took my small pouch with me and made my way into the market. I think its better to go buy some ingredients at morning because it's still fresh and markets get crowded in the afternoon.

At the corner of my eye, I spotted Mirabel ,Dolores and Antonio picking something out at the pet shop. They were probably also buying something for Camilo as well.

I brought my camera with me and got photos of me and Camilo developed. My present for him won't be that flashy or expensive, it's not big or shiny. But there's beauty in simplicity, right?

After I bought the stuff I needed, I rushed straight to my house and started to prep the cake I'm about to bake.

The eggs, flour, milk and other ingredients were laid on the table and I began my work. Proudly, I told myself that this cake would taste a lot better than the other cakes I've baked for Camilo's past birthdays.

"Hello, Mariposa." I felt lips on my cheeks

I ignored him and continued whisking the eggs and flour together. Camilo snakes his arms on my waist, hugging me from behind. He pecks my ear and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"No "Happy Birthday, Camilo" or even a greeting from my amazing girlfriend?" I could feel him pout but I only let out a chuckle.

"I'm busy, Camilo. Can't you see?" I say

"Yeah but it's my-," I did not let him finish. I gave him a kiss on the lips and shoved him out of the kitchen.

I focused on baking and silently prayed it wont burn or taste weird. But after a few hours, I've finally finished baking it now all I was left to do was to customise it.

Camilo tried to interract with me whilst I was concentrating on the cake but he never got any response from me.

"Kira, how about we go stargazing tonight?"

"Kira, wanna join us at dinner"

"Amor, do you wanna sleep over?"

"Kira, talk to me."

Camilo talked and talked but still receiving no reply from Kira. He held her chin and made her look straight into his hazel eyes, with a sigh, he says,

"Fine."

_____________________

15 minutes after he dramatically walked out of the kitchen, Camilo came back and started watching me add the finishing touches to the cake.

I smile to myself as I add the last piece of decoration on the cake, I placed the cake on the table gestured Camilo to come and sit with me. And so he did

"Happy Birthday, querido" I say as I light the small candles with fire. Camilo's eyes sparkled with a joyful expression on his face. I moved some of his hair out from his face and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

( querido = my love )

"Make a wish."