Part Six - My Ana

Zac's POV //

My entire body was on fire. Feeling my lips against her skin again, I was weak.

I'm going to see her again today, after my fight. I know more than ever that I want her, us. It was always going to be her but I'm worried she won't feel the same. She let me kiss her head? So surely.

I need to talk to the guys before I head to the stadium.

Me: Come to mine before I leave?
Kian: Tell everybody I'm on my wayy
Flynn: on our way, everything okay?
Me: yeah.

I sat on the couch, tugging on my chain. It's her birthday tomorrow, she doesn't want to celebrate and I don't want to overwhelm her with my feelings.

The guys made their way over, noticing that I was serious. Flynn gave me a weird look, analysing my face.

"You're starting to scare me" Kian spoke up, furrowing his brows.

I laughed, shaking my head at him. It's not that serious.

"We can resume the conversation now" I gulped, looking at Flynn. He was confused.

I turned to Kian who thought to himself before his jaw dropped. "Fuck yeah" he began cheering, shaking my shoulders.

"What the fuck am I missing?" Flynn asked, rubbing his temples.

Kian smirked, winking at me. "When we talked about Zac still loving Lili, he does"

The both of them began cheering, teasing me so i just took it. It was bound to happen, let it be in a confined place.

"Do you love her... or just think you have feelings?" Flynn asked, raising at brow at me.

The two of them, despite being my best friends are also very protective over Ana. So am I, she has an army behind her and I would sacrifice myself if i had to.

I nodded, looking down at the dog tags.

"I fucking love her. I always have. She's going through something and I respect that. I'm just afraid of the media finding out. Not that i'm ashamed of her, I just don't want them digging up whatever it is that's hurting her" I explained.

There's something, whatever it is, eating at her. Gnawing a piece of her and I want to be the one to hold her hand, to overcome it.

"Just make sure you tell her. We're 99% sure she feels the same way, tell her okay?" Flynn asked, smiling at me.

I nodded before following them out, leaving to prepare for the fight.

My eyes only searched for her. I want this as a new ritual, listening to the voicemail, kissing the necklace then seeing her. Or even having her say the words personally.

***

I won, of course. But it felt different with her here. The punches didn't hurt, mine felt more powerful and all I wanted to do was go up and kiss her.

I took the mouth guard out, winking at her before smiling. She used to always say I needed to smile more, to not be such a robot. Well this was for her.

Sure, it looks like i did it for my group of friends but she knows. At least I hope she does.

Once I was dressed, I threw my hood over and left the locker room to see all of them standing there grinning.

Ana tilted her head once she saw me, definitely examining the cut on my lip.

I walked up to her, looking down at her beautiful face. She cautiously reached for my face, hesitating.

I held her hand, placing it on my jaw. "I'm okay, these wounds will heal; they'll go away" but my love for you won't ever. It's permanent.

*5 years Ago*

"Z, this isn't a good idea" Ana mumbled, looking down at her hands.

I chuckled, holding up the punching pads. "You got this love, just punch" I assured.

She took a deep breath, gently tapping it. "What if I hurt you?"

I laughed, feeling her glare at me so I put her over my shoulder as she squealed.

"Zachary Miller" she groaned, tapping my back.

Uh oh, full name. I gently put her down, leaning against the rope.

"I'm sorry my love" I spoke softly, pulling her closer to me.

She smiled, placing her hands on my chest, tracing her fingers over the dog tags. "Y'know, It'll always be us against the world. I don't see myself without you Z. You're a piece of my heart, the missing piece. Without you, I'll never feel whole or complete"

I caressed her face, smiling, kissing her soft hands.

"But if someday, this comes to an end and you find yourself with someone else. Someone who makes you feel the same way, you'll let it happen. We'll never really know until it happens, but I know that in the end, it'll always be you and I" She spoke softly.

I brought my lips to hers, gently kissing her. There will never be anyone else for me, she was the one, the only.

"Where's this coming from baby?" I asked making her look away.

I placed my fingers under her chin, making her look at me. Whatever it is, I'll do anything to assure her that i'm all hers. Nothing could stop me from loving her.

She sighed, kissing her teeth. "You're gonna become big in the boxing world. You're incredibly handsome, you'll have people kneeling at your feet. The internet can ruin relationships"

I looked into her eyes, "I wish you would see yourself through my eyes. Maybe then you'll realise how fucking in love I am with you. I don't care about anyone else, I don't want anyone. I love you and I only have eyes for you. The internet can suck a dick, I'm not letting them ruin us" I assured.

The smile on her face was all I needed to know that it was working, that she was feeling better.

"I love you, Z" She whispered, placing a kiss on my lips. "And I love you, My Ana"