Part Twenty Two - Deja Vu

Zac's POV // 

The morning of a fight is the most exhilarating few hours ever. Before Ana returned, I was like a robot. There was never any moment of clarity, I'd warm up, listen to Flynn and Kian attempt at a pep talk then fight.

Now that she's back, I'm excited; to fight and see my girl in the crowd. I know she may be shutting her eyes, but I've never been knocked out which is what she fears most. Not because of humiliation but because of the unknown of what could happen.

"Who's gonna bring that blood and pain?" Kian exclaimed, patting my back.

We all stared at him blankly, trying not to laugh but that failed. He shook his head, turning to Ana. She fiddled with her ring, looking around the locker room.

I reached for her hand, bringing her towards me. "I'm going to be okay, love"

I rested back against the wall, placing her onto my lap. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pressing her lips against the side of my head.

"Alright, we'll see you out there, bro. You got this" Flynn cleared his throat, shaking my hand.

Kian and Mila followed suit, wishing me luck before leaving the locker room, giving Ana and I time alone.

"In the end, it'll be you and I" I assured, looking into her eyes.

"It's us against the world" she responded, relaxing her shoulders.

I smiled, kissing her soft lips gently. Feeling her smile against my lips set away any nerves I had. We both know what I'm capable of but feeling nervous never meant that I doubted myself, it's just human.

"Alright, three minutes before walk in Zac" Ayla informed on by the entrance.

Ana got off my lap as I stood up, feeling her arms wrap around my waist. She melted into me; no better feeling. I engulfed her, caressing the back of her head.

"Walk with me?" I whispered against her head.

She nodded, looking up at me with a soft smile. I kissed her head one more time before reaching for the clasp of my chain.

I held her hand, placing it in and shutting it. "I'll need that back"

She laughed, holding it against her chest with the brightest smile. In my world of darkness, blood and pain, she was the light.

"I love you, Ana. I love you forever"

Her smile widened, making me smile too. She was contagious; her smile and laugh. Knowing that I'll have her forever, for the rest of my life fills me with so much happiness.

"And I love you Z. I love you forever"

Ayla called us over, hearing music blast as the crowed, roared with excitement. I pulled the hood over, feeling Ana's hand grasp onto my arm.

We walked out followed by my crew, hearing screams and cheers overlapping. When I first began fighting, it was almost deafening. Now, it's like white noise.

My opponent paced his side of the ring, rolling his eyes. Arrogant. I stopped by the ring, turning to Ana and kissing her lips.

"I love you" I said before entering the ring.

As soon as I step foot inside, there was a switch and it flipped. I was winning and this guy stood no chance. I looked at the stands, seeing Ana and my friends cheer for me. This was it. 

Liliana's POV // 

After all the time's I've watched Zac fight, the sinking feeling in my stomach hasn't gone away. He is so powerful and skilled, yet the slightest error could result in a serious injury.