Part Twenty One - My MJ

Liliana's POV //

The moment Z walked through the door last night I could tell something was on his mind. I just hope he can confide in me when he's ready to talk.

He had to get up early to train and I was set to meet Michael's family today. My lawyer sent the details to me yesterday and Mrs Adams is actually excited to meet me.

Z: Breathe, you'll be okay. Call if you need me, I can be there in 5.

I unbuckled the seatbelt, holding onto the flowers before getting out of the car.

The house looked so homely, I'm glad they're doing well for themselves.

You can do this Ana; they would want you to.

As I stood in front of the door about to knock, it opened revealing a beautiful woman who smiled wide.

"Liliana, I- wow welcome, come in. I'm Laura" she grinned, moving aside for me.

A little girl stood shyly near the hallway, clutching onto a plush bear.

"Hi Laura, it's a pleasure to meet you. These are for you" I handed her the flowers, seeing her smile wide.

She led me toward the kitchen, placing them in a vase as her daughter hid behind her legs.

I knelt down to her level, "Hi, I'm Liliana, what's your name?"

A small giggle escaped her lips before stepping closer toward me. "Julia" she whispered.

There were rapid little footsteps until a toddler stood in front of me. He was the one Michael hasn't met yet. The baby,

"And this is Eli" Julia beamed, side hugging her little brother.

My breath hitched as I stood back up, holding onto the counter. Laura looked up at me concerned. It may just be a coincidence; I mean there were the other baby Eli.

"Wow uh it must be a popular name. I know a few" I smiled, hoping she wouldn't worry.

Laura lifted Eli up, caressing his face. "I- I don't know how you'll uh take this, whether you'll feel offended or angry. I named him after your brother, it was a lot and I guess I wanted to honour him, I'm so sorry I wasn't aware he passed after having him"

Eli pointed at me, nudging for his mother to get closer so I smiled at him and reached my hand out. His hand held onto my index finger as a smile appeared.

"Um I think Eli would be stoked to have children named after him. It's okay" I assured, blinking back the tears.

Julia tugged on my jeans, grabbing my attention. "Can we watch a movie?" she asked.

I love movies so why not. I'm sure I'll enjoy any Disney movie she decides on.

Laura nodded with approval before Julia dragged me toward the living room, sitting beside me as Eli ran over to join us.

Eli was more fascinated with my phone, pointing at Zac on my lock screen.

"I saw multiple articles about you and Zac. High school sweethearts, right?" Laura asked as she placed a tray of drinks and snacks on the coffee table.

I chuckled, nodding in response. "We dated in high school yeah but broke up before I moved states. Fast forward five years, we're back and it's amazing. He's amazing"

She smiled, turning to the photos on the wall of her husband. I can't imagine what she's going through, how she's stayed so strong.

The movie began to play, reverting my attention to the TV. My heart skipped a beat.