Chapter 3: Illusions

*All rights  of the clip above goes to Marvel and Stan Lee*

"This clip is when mysterio found out that Peter has evidence that mysterio isn't a hero. He kind of underestimates Peter and tries to kill him.. Let's start!" People let out a gasp that mysterio tried to kill Spiderman, including an already infuriated Tony Stark. The clip started playing.

The building starts fading to reveal blue pixels.
PETER: It's just another illusion!

"What is that??" Clint exclaimed, surprised. "Everything from now on is an illusion." Peter winced at the memory of that time.

Fury is seemingly shot from the bullet that Peter dodges.
PETER: Fury!

"FURY!" The Avengers screamed.

A drone shoots Peter, making him fall down and hit the ground. Peter gets up slowly.

"Shit." Tony mumbled, and Peter's former class and teachers were surprised that he didn't die.

MYSTERIO: Wow Peter, wow. I thought we were close.
Drones are aimed at Peter.
MYSTERIO: Fury always had to die. But not you.

Everyone tensed, angry.

PETER: Stop hiding, Beck!
He shoots his webs at a drone, but it doesn't work since it is an illusion.

"He's practically helpless." Natasha stated. "No shit Sherlock." Tony snarked, his nerves at a breaking point. Natasha glared, but didn't comment on it.

The illusion changes again.
BECK: I tried to help you walk away.
Peter stumbles, confused.
BECK: Now you're making me do this.

"That fucking-" " Mr.Stark, please just- calm down." Tony took no notice of Peter's words."I'm gonna kill him." Peter groaned, but nobody disagreed.

Peter's suit changes to his stark- made spiderman suit. He is standing in front of a corridor and mysterio walks towards him.
BECK: You told me you were just a kid.
Peter shoots his webshooters, only for a green mist to shoot out of his webshooters.
BECK: You told me you wanted to run after that girl.

MJ grimaced, but Peter held her hand tight.

Peter punches mysterio, but he turns out to be concrete.

Most of the Avengers were fuming by now and some of them whispered a small 'ouch'. They all felt sympathetic for the kid who was clearly very confused. The kid in question felt a bit panicky at the memory of the clip, but didn't have a panic attack as he would've done 2 years ago, due to the other traumatic memories that happened after he killed Mysterio.

ILLUSION MJ: Help me!
PETER: MJ!
He crashed the door and was instantly on top of the Eiffel Tower.
PETER: What the-
Peter almost topples over the edge of the Eiffel Tower.
ILLUSION MJ: Peter, what's going on?
PETER: I know this isn't real!
BECK: Do you though?
Beck suddenly appears in a green smoke and grabs MJ by the throat as she struggles. He drops MJ and Peter dives after her, only to fall on a hard ground, MJ gone.

"Peter-" MJ started, but Peter shushed her. "Loser." She mumbled. "He used someone that's precious to you as a bait." Bucky stated. "I know." Peter groaned. "I shouldn't have fell for that." "It was not your fault, Peter. Don't blame yourself for trying to save somebody." Steve remarked kindly, but the Midtown students couldn't help but feel like they were listening to one of Cap's PSAs, despite the situation.