13 - made you look

As soon as Charlie's lips left the beer bottle, he turned around to face us again, but I remained in the same spot for a moment. Dean seemed to be out of things to say as well, as he awkwardly shifted from one foot to another.

''I thought you went to find a friend,'' Charlie commented, looking at him.

''Oh, I was nearby,'' Dean replied.

The few people that still had been staring at Charlie cleared out, going back to their previous tasks.

Charlie nodded.

''So... quite some party,'' I smiled a bit, jokingly. ''glad Leo left.''

Charlie seemed unimpressed by my comment, as his only response was a slight raise of eyebrows. I continued drinking the beer in my hands and sighed, giving Dean a small glance.

''Oh, Nat,'' he began. ''I think I heard that someone dropped something out of the bathroom window. The one on the second floor.''

''Ohhh,'' I replied, longingly. ''should I go outside?''

''Yeah, probably. You won't want to worry about that later,'' Dean replied, nodding a few times. ''I'll stay here and keep an eye out on Lorraine, maybe talk to Ruby as well.''

''Okay,'' I replied, thanking Dean for the opportunity in my head. ''Charlie, do you want to join me?''

Charlie nodded a bit, not saying anything. I immediately wondered whether I had done the right thing. The two of us left through the front door, instantly feeling the cool breeze of the autumn air.

''It's chilly outside,'' I smiled a bit, looking back at Charlie, as he closed the door behind us.

''Yeah,''

''You okay there?''

''Yeah, why not,''

I decided not to bug Charlie just yet, at least not until we would find the missing object. If there even was one in Dean's story. As we walked under the bathroom window and I looked up, I noticed it fully open.

''Dean wasn't lying. Someone really has opened the whole fucking window for some reason,'' I laughed, pointing up.

Charlie let out a small chuckle and nodded.

We began to search on the ground, the flashlights from our phones guiding us through the dark bushes and grass.

''What did Dean say it was that they threw on the ground?'' Charlie asked.

''Oh, he said he didn't know for sure,'' I began, reaching into the bushes and finding a container. I instantly recognized the pill bottle in my hands but didn't say anything to Charlie, as I noticed a small piece of paper attached to it.

I turned my head to see Charlie searching a bit farther away, so I pointed my flashlight and read the paper.

I hope this isn't the only vitamin D you're taking ;)

-D

My mouth gaped open and I instantly ripped off the piece of paper and put it in my pocket. Charlie's head turned around with the noise. I showed him the bottle of pills and he smiled.

''Got it!'' I smiled, walking towards him.

''What is it?''

''Just vitamin D pills. I take them daily,''

''Oh, that's good,'' Charlie replied. ''who was searching through your medicine cabinet, huh?''

''Yeah, if only I knew,'' I laughed a bit.