Grammy

A/N : third one for today.

Lola is standing in front of a mirror hating what she sees. Her hair has been swept up in a fancy hairdo, she has way too much pink glittery makeup on and she doesn't even want to talk about the floofy overly priced pink dress she has on and she can't cut out the french guy talking a million miles an hour in her ear about how on-trend she looks and how she is going to steal the show. She is not happy.

She says a grumpy thank you as he leaves and turns back to the mirror again in a huff. She hates it. She looks like a barbie princess, but one that has a coke habit. She fucking hates it. The things she will do for Austin. He has been nominated for a Grammy and wants her to be there. It will be their first public appearance. But it's whatever, she has bigger things on her mind like how the fuck is she going to get in the car and how the fuck is she going to sit down in this dress. Fuck she hates this dress. Pink is just not her colour.

Her door opens and Chrissy appears with Rich who squeals and wriggles when he sees his mother so Chrissy puts him down and he quickly crawls, still backwards, to her. She would scoop him up and cuddle him if she could best but she can't do anything in this dress, but it's OK because he seems content to just play with the ruffles of the dress. Great.

"Wow! Lola, you look amazing. I love you whole look" Chrissy says with big eyes and a genuine smile on her face. Maybe she was being silly, maybe it's not so bad so she turns back to look in the mirror. Nope. She hates it. Some more people come in with lots of oooh's and aaaah's. Lola stays grumpy.

Eventually, Austin comes in, he looks amazing in a three-piece black suit and white shirt. He watches her carefully and then takes her hand pulling her into the bathroom shutting the door behind them. He looks her up and down with a smile.

"You look, beautiful baby."

"Thank you."

He steps in closer and crowds her against the wall. He keeps himself straight with his hands behind his back and stares down at her with one eyebrow raised and a cocked head.

"What have you done with my Lola? Because my Lola would not have such a simple answer to being told she is beautiful while wearing a thirty-five thousand dollar dress."

"What would your Lola say?"

"She would say something like.....you bet your fucking ass I look beautiful."

Lola shrugs. It doesn't matter, she hates the dress and the colour. She just wants to get this night over with. Besides, it's not about her tonight it's about Austin.

"Baby," Austin hooks her chin with his index finger and lifts her face up to look at him "you are not happy, this is not your style so do something about it."

"But Austin-"

"No Lola. I am getting tired of reminding you that I love the Lola who fucked me on her 21st birthday and not some plastic Hollywood version."

He kisses her and then steps back and looks at her seriously.

"Now I am going to take Rich to my father. Then I will have a beer with him. Then I will be back to collect you. In that time.....sort your shit out," he gives her a chase kiss "I love you." With that said he walks out of the bathroom.

Lola walks back out to the room and straight to the clothing rack that holds a bunch of clothing. She pulls out the white pants suit that she had been eyeing all morning and a gunmetal grey sparkly top. 

"Chrissy unzip this ridiculous dress and get it off me please." 

Chrissy unzips and helps Lola out of the dress and into the pants suit. She then pulls out the million and one hairpins and shakes out her hair, Chrissy helps her wipe off the pink glitter eye shadow replacing it with a deep smokey grey. When she looks in the mirror she can't help the smile that splits her face. There she is. She is done just in time for Austin to walk back in. 

"Wow. You look, beautiful baby"

"You bet your fucking ass I do," She slips on a pair of black stiletto heels with silver spikes on and heads out the door. "Let's go get you that Grammy darling." Austin laughs as he follows her out and into the limo. 

He doesn't win the Grammy and Lola has to use all her willpower not to roll her eyes at the people who come up to him at the after-party and say shit like 'it's an honour just to be nominated that's bullshit and she is not being biased even though Austin says she definitely is, what does he know anyway. 

It's close on 6 am when Lola and Austin leave the after-party with Chrissy. Austin can't keep his hands off her glittery top and is mesmerized by how the gunmetal sparkles under the street lights as the limo dashes under them. He cunningly slips his hand under her top and whispers in her ear. 

"I can't wait to peel this lovely white suit off you when we get  back to the hotel."

"Really?" Lola laughs "and here I was thinking you would give anything to see me in white."

Austin looks up and frowns at her completely confused. "What?"

"White....you know.....wedding dress colour."

Austin looks at her for a moment then cocks his head "I can't imagine you in a big fluffy marshmallow wedding dress.......but you do look good in this white suit," he gets a sly grin on his face "you know.....just say the word and I can make this car head in the direction of a chapel....we are dressed for a wedding."

"Ok"

"OK?"

"Ok"

"Fucking finally!!" Chrissy squeals and knocks on the partition. "Take this party to the airport. We are getting married in Vagas!!"

Austin laughs at her excitement as he pulls out the phone to call his dad to meet them at the airport.