Chapter 4

Demonclaw found himself back in the gloomy forest in his dreams again.

"Tigerstar! How can we travel to the Dark Forest?" he yowled.

"Don't worry, my son. Just go to the Moonpool. I'll meet you there." Tigerstar purred.

Demonclaw nodded happily before imagining himself waking up. Now awake, he summoned the Clan.

"Today is the day we are victorious! We will join DarkClan!"

Demonclaw basked in the yowls and cheers. "Tigerstar has told me that we must travel to the Moonpool!"

"What are we waiting for? Let's go, then!"

Demonclaw led the charge as he retraced his steps back to ThunderClan's territory. Out of nowhere, a black shape dropped out of the sky.

"Who are you?" Demonclaw hissed at the she-cat.

"I'm have no right to enter this Twolegplace," the she-cat hissed back. Her bright green eyes unnerved Demonclaw, and he winced.

Salem looked around his Clan, and smirked. "Does any cat dare to take me on in a challenge?"

"Any of my cats are better than you, you Twoleg filth!" Demonclaw retorted.

Salem didn't even look afraid. Instead, she looked at Fang. "How about you?"

"I can beat a kittypet," Fang sneered.

The two cats faced off. To Demonclaw's surprise, Salem made the first move. She darted forward as smoothly as a snake to bite Fang's hind leg, and Fang toppled over immediately. Fang let out a surprised grunt as Salem slithered out from underneath Fang and sunk her claws into his chest. Blood poured out of the wound and Fang yelped in pain.

"I knew you were no match for me," Salem taunted and lifted her claws out.

"How dare you?" Fang struggled to lift himself up. Demonclaw watched through narrowed eyes as he lashed out at the small, she-cat.

Salem jumped lightly and dodged his all you can muster, you piece of fox-dung?" she purred.

Fang hobbled back to Demonclaw's side. "Forget it, she's not worth it," he rasped.

Demonclaw looked down at Fang. "I can't believe you couldn't defeat a petty kittypet. You're useless, Fang. Leave the Clan immediately!"

Fang gasped. "This Clan is all I have left! Gunner is dead!"

"Leave!" Demonclaw snarled. "I don't have room for weaklings!"

Demonclaw lifted his tail and they skirted around the edge of Twolegplace. Spark padded at his side. "Demonclaw, don't you think you were a bit...harsh on Fang? It wasn't his fault we didn't know that Salem was so powerful."

"No."

"Should we go back and get him? He was a good hunter," Spark continued.

"I said no." Demonclaw muttered.

"We could profit from him," Spark mewed coyly.

"NO!" Demonclaw unleashed his pent-up fury on Spark. "He is a useless fox-heart! I am glad that he is gone. He was mouse-brained anyways."

Spark cowered back. "Of course, Demonclaw."

But Demonclaw couldn't help but think that Spark was lying.

---

"We've reached it. The Moonpool." Demonclaw and his cats stood before the Moonpool. "Tigerstar! Come and get us!" he yowled.

A ghostly shape formed and pulled Spark into the Moonpool.

"Spark!" Demonclaw cried. Suddenly, he felt like he was choking and couldn't breathe. Who had taken Spark? He'd slay them!

Then, Claw disappeared into the Moonpool as well. Demonclaw watched in horror as all of his cats were dragged by spirits into the Moonpool. A spirit of a dark tabby with glowing amber eyes came towards him. It dipped its head.

"Dad?" Demonclaw whispered.

Then, the spirit dragged him under. The water filled his open mouth and he struggled desperately, but the spirit was stronger. Demonclaw focused on the Moonpool, and surprisingly, there was a dark hole at the bottom. Tigerstar dragged him into the hole, and air flooded into his mouth. He spat the water out and gulped down deep breaths of air.

"Wow. We're really here." Spark came up to him.

"Yes. We are." Demonclaw spun around to see Tigerstar. The dark tabby's form had .

"Congratulations, son. You've followed my paw prints." Tigerstar purred. "When Goldenperch stole you away, I was worried I wouldn't have an heir. But you're here now, so I guess I was wrong!"

"Thank you, Tigerstar." Next to his powerful father, Demonclaw felt humbled and small. "RevengeClan, meet Tigerstar. Tigerstar, meet my Clan."

Tigerstar let out a loud purr. "I finally have an heir." He repeated.

Another tabby with glittering blue eyes came out of the shadows. "What about me?" he objected.

"A living heir." Tigerstar murmured. "Hawkfrost! From this moment on, you are no longer deputy!"

"What?" Hawkfrost growled. "Surely you can't let that puny apprentice become heir!"

"Dark Forest ancestors, I ask you to look down on Demonclaw. He is to be the new deputy!" Tigerstar yowled.

. He should've shrugged it off, but for some reason he didn't. Tigerstar gave him a disapproving glare.

"Congratulations, Demonclaw! Deputy!" Spark purred.

Demonclaw could barely speak. "Thank you, Tigerstar. I promise I'll make you proud." he vowed. "Today's DarkClan will be more powerful than ever!"

A/N Sorry for the short chapter, but I figured it was best to end it on his promise. More soon!