Chapter 10

Demonclaw opened his eyes to see the meadow where Bluestar and Yellowfang had told him of the prophecy. With a shock, he remembered he was dead. Demonclaw looked down at his body. Sure enough, stars glimmered on his fur.

"You made it to StarClan," Demonclaw breathed in the sweet scent of his first love. Leaf.

"Leaf!" Demonclaw cried out, moving forward to nuzzle her, then stopped. Was she angry?

"I'm not angry," she purred.

"Hello, Demonclaw," Another familiar voice said. It was Claw!

"I'm sorry you died," Demonclaw's throat formed a lump. "It was my fault."

"No, it wasn't," Claw said solemnly. "The time I was with you and RevengeClan was the highlights of my life. I thank you for making me a better cat."

"Greetings, Demonclaw." Bluestar appeared beside him. "We've decided to let you into StarClan for a few reasons."

"You thought what you were doing was right," she mewed.

"You experienced a lot of grief. This was your unique way to cope." Yellowfang said.

"And finally," Bluestar's eyes softened. "You were brave."

"Or maybe it was because we couldn't send him to the Dark Forest, since he'd be back with Tigerstar again and there would've been no point," Yellowfang added grumpily.

"Thank you." Demonclaw mewed gratefully. "I'm glad for this chance to see Leaf and Claw again."

Bluestar dipped her head and led Yellowfang away.

"Come on, Demonclaw!" Leaf called to him on top of a hill. "Just wait till you've tried the prey here! It's amazing!"

"Claw, are you coming?" Demonclaw turned to his friend.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Claw purred.

"Race you to the hunting grounds!" Leaf yowled.

"Hey! You've got a headstart!" Demonclaw raced to catch up.

Purring, the three of them ran down the hill, happy at last.