Epilogue

Spark convulsed in pain. She gritted her teeth. The ThunderClan medicine cat, Jayfeather sat beside her.

"Will it be a difficult kitting?" she managed to say.

"One of the kits is coming out backwards," Jayfeather announced. "But otherwise it'll be fine. Larkleaf, fetch the kitting herbs." He said to his apprentice.

Larkleaf dipped her head and raced to the medicine den, returning shortly with some leaves and a stick.

"Eat the raspberry leaves, it'll help," Jayfeather nudged the leaves closer.

Spark licked them up, blinking gratefully. They tasted foul, and she made a face.

"Bite down on the stick if you feel pain, but don't stop pushing," Larkleaf suggested.

"Okay." Spark took the stick in her teeth. Soon, pain shot through her. She bit down hard, feeling the stick splinter in her jaws. Bits of stick fell into her mouth and she almost gagged.

"The first kit is coming! Larkleaf, get ready!" Jayfeather ordered.

Spark continued pushing and finally, a wet bundle of fur came out. Its feet were coming first. So that was what Jayfeather meant. It slid onto the moss with a plop.

Spark dropped the stick immediately, watching Larkleaf nip the sac off the kit and lick it to warm it up.

"Hold the stick!" Jayfeather growled.

Spark hastily obeyed, picking the stick up again and waited for the next shoot of pain.

By dusk, she had birthed two kits, but Jayfeather thought there was still one more. So, they worked until midnight, until strong pain caused her to lie down. She pushed and a small shape fell out. Larkleaf set to work on the kit while Jayfeather stopped the blood that was coming.

Spark rested her head in her paws, listening to the rhythmic swipes of Larkleaf's tongue. It was when she stopped that sudden fear froze her.

"I'm sorry, Spark, but the third kit is dead." Larkleaf mewed sadly.

Jayfeather placed the first two kits at her belly and left her in peace. Larkleaf glanced again at her and left too.

Spark looked down at the two kits suckling her milk and decided she'd protect these kits with her life. 

A/N Okay so this was...not supposed to be so short. 😅😅😅 

But it's short now, and I can't really change much but add in more details when I edit it, sooooo this is it. 10 chapters + an Epilogue and Prologue. I suppose I could've done better from when he was exiled to the moment he joined forces with Tigerstar, but I guess this'll be it. So all in all, I'm sorry for making this so short, well, short for a super edition, and I promise I'll try make future ones longer. Sorry for that and have a nice day. Thanks for reading The Demon's Fury!