Chapter Twenty-Eight

Two years later

Imani's POV

"Aight y'all practice the routine because coach ain't gonna get on me like I didn't teach y'all" I told the cheer team. I'm cheer captain of my school's cheer team and I take my role very serious. "That goes for you too Malaysia, don't think because you my sister imma give you a pass" I told her cause I seen her talking to the other girls on the team. She looked at me and smiled nodding.

"Aight time to go home y'all" I said and they all got happy. Malaysia and I gathered our things and headed to my car. I was gonna wait for Jahmir and Hakeem but they don't get out of football practice for another hour so I just went home.

Once I was home I locked my car and went inside. I saw Imani and Kari sitting on the sofa talking because their parents were here, I walked past them and went upstairs putting my things away and Malaysia just set her things down because her dad was picking her up later.

I went back downstairs and sat on the other sofa away from my cousins and start talking to Malaysia. Nun of us really talked in two years, we only talked if we had to like at family functions or something but other then that no communication. I hated it all the time because she was my best friend but this is what she chose and I'm going to respect it.

Neveah POV

I glanced over at Imani really quick and then went back to Kari and I's conversation. I hated that I couldn't talk to her but it was for her safety. I just turned 18 two weeks ago so I'm happy about im that. The business Kari and I are doing is going crazy. We canceled out everybody including my pops. Aka Marcus I just like calling him pops.

He didn't care about us starting our drug business in fact he gave us all his workers and drugs. He's been waiting to get out the game and now that we're taking over it's working out for him. So now Kari and I are on top of the food chain and we're really making money. But we do have one little issue, our dad, he's been on top of the food chain for so long that he's not used to not. He of course doesn't sell drugs and run with the gang anymore but he does still get money from it. So now that he's on the bottom of the food chain shit hasn't been going well for him and he's trying to find out who's running everything.

Look I love my pops Kari and I both really do. But we agreed if he gets in the way too much we might have to take him out. Not kill him, well hopefully not, but just give him a little warning, tell him to step the fuck back before really problems start coming. But other then that we making this money.

De'Shawn POV

I was currently talking to Psycho about this other drug business going on. I've been on top of the food chain for so long that it doesn't make sense how I'm not in only two years. And then I found out people were stealing from me and that's a big no. I don't know what imma do but I have to do something. Psycho and I decided to walk to the park and talk about everything until we seen Marcus walking up to us.

Now that I'm not in the game anymore I don't have a strap on me. But that doesn't mean this nigga can't be touched.

"Go on with that shit Marcus" I said.

"I need to talk to you about Neveah and Kari. I ain't tryna snitch on them but I think they've gone to far" he said and both Psycho and I's face scrunched up.

"Talk" I said and we went to a near by table.

"Aight look at first then starting their own drug game didn't bother me cause I was tryna get out anyways" I stopped him right there.

"Fuck you mean them starting they own drug game didn't bother you. When did they even get into drugs?" I asked him.

"That don't matter right now nigga just listen" he said and I nodded. "So I didn't bother me I gave them my workers and drugs and that was that. But then I found some shit out that didn't sit right with me. First these niggas started drama with the most dangerous nigga out here. Then I found out they was stealing from you which we gonna get into that later. And they did a whole lotta other shit. Look I'm just saying I think we need to talk to them. Cause one wrong move can get them both killed fast" he said and it took my a second to process everything.

One these little dumb ass kids were stealing from me. I knew it couldn't have been no randoms cause people already know they dead for messing with my shit. Two how and why the hell did these niggas start drama with Tim. Tim is the most dangerous nigga to ever step foot on this side of town. Him and me were always cool cause I already knew that I would not be alive for another 8 hours disrespecting him. He a big dude that doesn't have any love for anyone he would kindly kill you just because he was bored.

"How did they start something with Tim?" I asked him.

"Shit I don't know but I'm thinking Neveah ass said something cause we both know how her mouth is. And you know Tim gonna say some disrespectful shit back which makes Kari jump in. I just know nigga came to me with his face all bruised up telling me he was gonna kill them. So those little niggas got him jumped so they got a big bounty on they head cause if Tim catch them lacking it's over" he said and I start panicking. These fucking kids man. From the corner of my eye I seen Kari and Neveah walking toward us talking with a blunt.

I turned to the other direction and seen Tim walking towards us as well. Shit this isn't gonna end well. Before I could go to Kari and Neveah to tell them to go home he had already made eye contact with them and shots were fired.

EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES