2. The Meeting

We reached home. Arno was welcomed with warm smiles. There was even a shout," SAUKERL!" in the background from the next door. Maybe, it was the young Aryan boy who had spilt all of Mrs Beckenbaur's milk. Again.

Ingrid ushered Arno to our dining table where we all gathered to eat my momma's Stöllen which was a dried, fruity coffee cake. Before that, let me state a fact Leah, that is my mother was an amazing cook. There was an occasional delightful moan heard as each of us savoured the taste of the delicious cake, licking our fingers repeatedly with our eyes twinkling brightly. The look on Arno's face was heavenly like he was eating nectars from God himself.

My family was well aware of the fact that it was Arno Weber who had fed me when I was starving to death as a young girl and also the fact that both of us wanted to get married as soon as possible.

Finally to break the silence, Ingrid spoke up first.

She asked with a smirk," So Arno, what really brings you here?"

He was reluctant to be back from his heavenly pleasure he was getting from the cake.

Yet he replied," Yes, actually I wanted to speak to you all about the wedding."

My eyes got really wide all of a sudden and before I knew it, I was staring at him in surprise. I felt my cheeks getting warm. He couldn't possibly be asking for my hand to my family. We didn't even have a talk about that. I did want to marry him but I were to be informed first if he was going to talk to my parents about OUR wedding. This guy was so going to get one from me for this. That dummkopf should have told me first.

He cocked an eyebrow at me and gave me a mysterious half smile. I felt my blush rising as I tried to look away.

But then something unexpected happened.

He spoke, " Yes, about the wedding. My brother, Hans' wedding."

Okay, now I was even more red. But this time, red out of embarrassment. Couldn't he just mention that before?!

As I opened my mouth to speak, Momma said with a warm smile, " Oh dear lord, our Hans is getting married?! That is wonderful news!"

Things I forget to mention.

He said, "The wedding is in a month or two and I would really appreciate your help in organising the ceremony seeing how organised my family is with these kind of stuff."

Ingrid said clapping her hands, "Wow! That is amazing! We will make it the best wedding for Hans."

Albert just said as if he cared the least, "Yes and then maybe we could marry off Edith with Arno and live happily ever after."

I nudged him hard in the chest while he just smirked.

Arno got up from his place, came to sit beside me only to put his warm arms around me and assure Albert who was that he was definitely going to marry me but only after this business of Hans' wedding got cleared.

My father cleared his throat making Arno blush red and remove his arms from my shoulders making everyone laugh.

Everyone discussed about the conductance of the wedding for a while and then it was time to leave.

Arno got up, flew a kiss to my mother and Ingrid, bowed to my father, shook hands with Albert and Alfred giving them a manly hug and turned to the door. I went outside to the door to escort him out.

When we came out and we were finally alone, Arno took my hand and stood silently for a while.

After the sometime to break the silence I spoke up, "Don't worry! Hans' wedding will go great for we all will arrange it. But I still cannot believe Hans did get a likewise wife."