Chapter 5 - dont tell peter...

Parker Residence
Y/N POV

You guys eventually make it back home and are now eating pizza whilst aunt May is asleep, right now you are both just chatting and catching up about your day.

"So wait, tell me if I get this wrong but your saying your boss wants you to write a piece on Wanda Maximoff's love life?" Peter asks in disbelief.

"Yyyupp!" You exaggerate.

Peter shakes his head in shock "Dang, but what if she doesn't have one? A person I mean." He asks curiously as you both take a new slice of pizza onto your plates.

"Then I'm supposed to write how the avengers life style, extracts that part of her life" You says with a frustrated sigh.

"But I mean come on, have you seen her?! There's no way someone as pretty as her hasn't been swept off her feet already" you retaliate.

Peter gives you a strange look before smirking to himself.

"What?" You asks as you take a big bite from your pizza.

He then looks back up to you trying to contain his chuckle "Nothing, it just seems like from what I saw earlier with you practically drooling over a photo of her, that maybe you want to be the girl who sweeps her off her feet?" He says with smirk.

You grab a breadstick on the table and throw it at him "Oh shut up" you say trying to contain the blush on your cheeks as he laughs at you.

"She wouldn't want me anyway, she's an avenger and a literal goddess...I'm just a reporter" You mumble doubtfully.

There's no way a girl like her could ever be into a girl like you, it just doesn't make sense.

"Well, you are spider-girl" He says with a proud smirk.

"Yes well, I think we've told enough people about that" You say giving him a knowing look.

He can't help but smile like a total goofball at your words making you both burst out in a fit of laughter.

~~~

It's the next morning and the Parker residence is up and active like always as they get ready for the day.

"Guys seriously! Pizza again?! I made turkey meatloaf, I specifically left some in the fridge for you" May shouts in the apartment complaining about the empty pizza boxes you and Peter left out last night.

She walks past your bedroom and sees you getting ready and gives you a pointed look holding up the empty pizza box.

"Sorry May, we ended up grabbing some on the way back home" you says whilst tying up your all white converse, sure enough after owning them for a few years they aren't exactly white anymore.

May then sighs "Its fine, you could of at least brought me some though" She says with a smile as she walks away.

"I'll make sure for next time" You call out to her.

You then finished getting ready for the day and decide to go sit with May before you go.

"You starting your assignment today?" She asks as you walk in to the living room.

"Yup, I got a day pass for the avengers compound for the day so I can do an 'avengers' interview by the daily bugle" You say as you mimic air quotes on avengers, both knowing that your really there to just see Wanda Maximoff.

"Still can't believe he's making you do this, won't you get caught?" She asks sounding a little worried for you.

After receiving the assignment you phone Aunt May straight away knowing if you tell her what's going on you'd feel better about the whole situation, knowing that you can always get great advice from her.

You shake you head no "I'm a good reporter, I know how to get information out without being obvious" You brag as you playfully brush of your shoulder.

May laughs at your antics, shaking her head at you with a smile.

"...and besides, if I get caught It's my boss that they'll yell at, for all they know I'm just a reporter" You say with a shrug.

"Maybe you should get caught then, it will do him some good for someone to yell at him for once" She says sourly, she's always hated the way he treats you, and god knows how protective she can get when it comes to you and Peter.

You laugh at her grumpy face, clearly thinking of ways to punch that guy.

"Yeah maybe -hey don't tell Peter that I was at the avengers compound today, you know how obsessed he is with ironman" You plead knowing Peter will be upset you didn't bring him with you.

"Trust me I won't, we'll never hear the end of it" she says with chuckle.

"Okay well I should probably go now, don't want to be late, these day passes are hard to get" You say holding up the pass that's around your neck.

"Okay well good luck and please could you pick up some milk and eggs on your way back please?" She asks as you grab you bag and coat.

"Will do, bye" you say as you kiss her cheek and leave.

Time to meet the avengers...

———————————————————————
I got my tik tok account back today and have posted a trailer for me and my bros new book, go check it out if you can 😊

Anyway how do you think the "interviews" will go?

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)