✾ 1 ✾

Mumbo's pov
----------------------

"Ugh, grian!" I yell, turning to see him fly off giggling, leaving behind a lot of chickens and egg shells.

He hadn't been here long, but it didn't take him long to start pranking anyone, I guess him being here will make this more interesting.
This is going to be a long session.

I walk outside of my base, seeing if I
I could see where the little hermit flew off to. For how energetic he is, he's not very open about himself, it makes me wonder where he came from.
I see him flying towards the shopping district, so I put my elytra on and flew after him.
He didn't seem to notice me since he continued flying in little loops. I've never realized how good at flying he was until now. The sun made his feathers look so much prettier, it's shades of red, yellow and blue, tainted with its orange coloring. His hair looked almost golden now, I didn't realize how long I'd be starring at him until he swerved down, landing gracefully in the center of the shopping district.

I landed next to him, much less graceful then he did. He slightly giggled when he saw me almost slip. The little gremlin.

"Oh c'mon, dont laugh at me, you already egged my house, you don't get to laugh at me for this" I tried to sound angry, but I couldn't hide the amusement in my voice.

"I don't think that's how this works" He chuckled, beginning to walk away. I followed after him, having to take large steps to keep up with the short gremlin.
Christ, for how short his legs are he's fast.
" So, Grian, you've already played a couple pranks on me and I don't know all that much about you other than you're an amazing builder and flier. So, want to tell me a bit about yourself?"
He gave me a small glance,and raised an eyebrow at me,seeming to think for a little bit,getting my hopes up that he might tell me some things.

" Uhm, well, there isn't all that much to learn about me Mumbo? I mean, I guess if you really want something to know then well- my favorite color is red? I don't really know what to say, I'm not an interesting person" He gave me a shy smile after he finished.

"Nonsense! Everyone is interesting, and there's a lot to learn about every new person! We can start with where you're from"
I say happily, hoping my cheerful tone would pass onto him, and he'd open up a bit.

He ubrutly stopped walking, causing me to have to quickly stop as well, almost tripping on my foot .

"Grian?" I asked in a confused tone, there was more concern in my voice then I'd have liked.

"Oh uh- sorry, just thought I saw someo- thing- Something." He responded quietly.

" Might've been one of the other hermits?" I offered, making an attempt to ease his mind.

" Yeah- probably." He responded,walking into a nearby shop. I didn't look at what the shop was before I followed, and was startled by all the weapons an armor.
He didn't seem like the type to need weapons. But I guess it makes sense, I did meet him from Last Life. Still, even having known him for around a month he still felt like a stranger.

I know he hasn't lived in Last Life all his life, he'd have so much more scars than he does now if he had, so I wonder why he avoided the question?

He walked around the shop, seemingly most interested in the swords and daggers, eventually settling on a very sharp and curved dagger, then placing a couple diamonds in a nearby chest.

( The dagger )

I followed him out of the shop, still wondering what he'd need a dagger for, then remembered he's a builder, might need it for cutting bamboo to make scaffolding, it's probably easier to use sometimes rather than flying?

" You're following me like a lost puppy, what's up with that? " His comparison startled me for a second. I'm not like a lost puppy? Am I?

" I am not, just curious about you, you keep to yourself a lot, and I find that interesting, we've known each other for a month and I dunno much about you, I wanna change that" I said honestly.

" Ah- well, that's gonna have to wait til later, suns going down, don't wanna get caught up with mobs, cya later Mumbo! " He quickly flew off in the direction of his little hobbit hole.

I watched him go, still fascinated by how good he can fly. He's such an interesting person, I need to talk to him more.

---------------
Woo! First chapter! I'm sorry for any spelling errors or if it's hard to read. And I'm sorry for updates are slow, I'll try and get them out as fast as I can!

Don't forget to eat and drink some water, and take your medication if you take any!

842 Words.