|♾|-| II - VIII |

—————————
| TWO / EIGHT |
—————————

| ⚠️ | Contains: Violence, Abuse, Etc. |

———

Nathan and Clint helped Natalia become a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. She changed her name to Natasha which was Nathan's idea. Nathan, Clint and Natasha became a trio, they were sent on missions together. They became close. They knew everything about each other... or whatever they know about themselves.

-| 2009 |-
| Odessa, Ukraine |
- Nathan Lark -

LARK: (driving) "Doc-"

ROMANOFF: (in passenger seat) "He's an engineer, not a doctor."

LARK: "Alright, young man. I have a question for you."

SCIENTIST: "A-alright."

LARK: "What kind of engineer are you?"

SCIENTIST: "A nuclear engineer."

LARK: "Oh."

Nathan seems uneasy about him being a nuclear engineer. He keeps thinking about Chernobyl and his undoing.

ROMANOFF: "You alright?"

LARK: (snapping out of it) "Y-yeah. Sorry I just-"

Their tires get shot out, their car drives off the edge of a cliff.

LARK: (leg stuck in car) "Get him out of here!"

ROMANOFF: "What about you?!"

LARK: "GO! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Natasha takes the engineer and they climb out of the car stuck on the side of the cliff. Nathan's foot is stunk between the two petals.

ROMANOFF: "Come on!"

The engineer is holding onto Natasha as they make it back to the road.

ENGINEER: "Umm... w-whose that?"

ROMANOFF: "Get behind me!"

A tall man in all back, walks towards them. He has a metal arm and medium length black hair. He aims his gun at the pair and shoots. Right before the bullet hits Natasha in the lower abdomen, Nathan steps in front. The bullet rips through his lower back and travels straight to Natasha, then rips through her as well and kills the engineer.

The pair slump down due to the impact of the high caliber bullet.

Nathan turns around to see the man.

LARK: "Sergeant Barnes?"

The man runs off, mission complete.

ROMANOFF: (holding her wound) "Who was that?"

LARK: "The Winter Soldier."

ROMANOFF: "How do you know him?"

LARK: (ignoring her and supporting her weight on him as the walk away) "We need to get somewhere safe and we need to patch that wound of yours."