from a wedding to a tragedy

Merida got ready for the day and sat on the table with her family , not saying a word , her mom reading daily letters and important paperwork spoke aren't you going to say good morning ? Said the queen merida just rolled her eyes and ate her food , Fergus was not happy about this , he waited till after dinner then said meri darling , me and your mum would like to talk to you , the boys stood up and walked out fast , the maids came in and cleaned the table while Elinor got a basket filled with opened letters , merida was confused to this , the last few mades bowed and made their way out after they cleaned the table , both her parents stood in front of her on the opposite side of the table , held hands and put the basket in front of her , reading a letter after the other merida realized that all the emportant leaders and Dukes are proposing and want to win the hand of her ... The princess , merida was now older their for she learned from long ago not to argue with her mom as she also understood what the witch ment by running away from her wedding , merida took a deep breath and held a few letters , to pretend reading them , we already invited them and they will be here tonight and by morning you can choose your future husband , her mom said calmly and cheerfully at once , merida nodded her head still pretending to read the letters , putting them down she said ok when do I get ready for the welcoming at the throne room ? , her parents were happy that their little girl grew up and changed for the best , not knowing what's on the princess's mind .

~~~~~

Merida chose a dress for the night herself , the queen helreslf loved it and helped her to glow up , merida said nothing , she just put a forced smile on her face when ever someone was around that day , she spent all her time in her bedroom until it was time for her to take bath , she was lucky that the bathroom was far away from the common places people walked in , in this big castle , she took a long shower with and ordered the maids to leave her and wait outside , she sat in the bathtub and started crying , purring all her sadness and sorrow out , she hated being a princess , she hated how she had all her future planned for her by her parents , she hated how she had to run away tonight and leave her siblings behind her but she was done being selfless and had to think of herself for once , the maids out heard her cries but didn't go in knowing full well why she cried , they were just there to serve the royal family and they can't go against their words , therefore they stayed out and waited for the next order , poor merida cried for over 20 mins then calmed herself , she sighed and purred more hot weather over her body to warm up a bit , after a while she got out , sitting on her bed she was left alone to dry and wear clothes , she war her dress as the all the clans have arrived , she was still in her robes as her she heard her mom call as she opened the door , merida , I came to help you get ready said the queen closing the door behind her , I'm not a child anymore mum , I can do I myself , merida replied , but-the queen was cut of by a knock on the door , what is it now moudy ? Asked the queen annoyed at the maids , your highness help me I can't find the princess anywhere , they are gone!!! , I'm coming , the queen sighed as she looked at her only daughter , merida can I trust you with this ? Asked the queen as merida nodded with a forced smile .

As soon as her mom left the room she locked the door and started packing all her stuff and putting it in her bag , first her books then her clothings and sword , a blanket and candles and her collection of all gems and Jules along side a box that she didn't know what was inside it , it was small and a wooden box , she didn't care as she didn't want to be late , shoving the box inside she put a few more helpful things and got a few small bags of food out from under her bed and put them in her magical bag . she then remembered a small dairy she used to write in , she all so put it in and then started getting ready for the night , is it will be her last one with her family ...

( Timeskip for the celebrations starting )

Everyone was at the gathering waiting for the princess to appear , it didn't take her long to get readey as she got out of her room and two maids walked behind her , the doors to the main gate opened revealing the princess at site , that night she was the most beautiful princess and the saddest one too

(Act like the flowers in her hand isn't there lol )

All the clans , guards , maids looked at her , including her father and brothers , they were surprised that the merida who hates dresses was wearing the most beautiful dress this night , the princess walked slowly to her seat as
Everyone bowed for her , she nodded her head to the musicians and the music started again as everyone sat down and most of them looked at her , the sons of the dukes looked at theirs soon bride to be .

Merida held the erge to roll her eyes and smiled politely at all the boys
And waited for her mother to arrive , the queen arrived 10 minutes later defeated after she couldn't find the boys , she entered as everyone got up from their seats and bowed to the queen , including her kids .

Elinor was stunned as to how beautiful her dauter looked . seeing her sons also there grinning at each other she rolled her eyes as she looked proudly at merida and sat next to her .

The night went on with every leader introducing their sons and merida had to spend at least 30 minutes to get to know them , she timed everything right and in a few hours she was done as she went back to sitting and eating somthing , so ? who do you like among them darling ?  asked her mother as she sat down next to her , merida pointed at a few while chewing her food , her mom nodded and And smiled , i honestly thought you were going to fight back when we brought the subject up again , I promise you Darling that you can choose who you like among them , it's your choice after all  her mom smiled at her as she held her left hand , merida swollowed her food as she nodded with a faint smile on her face , after dinner they walked around talking to a few of the guests in the room , maybe I don't have to run after all ? She thought to herself as she laughed at a joke one of the dukes made , just then her happiness faded away as the doors opened revealing a Knight with his wife , it was jack and their old maid , merida was confused as she looked at her mother waiting for an explanation , as she got angry , her mom gave her the "don't make a scene now " face , everyone created them as the married couple walked in , merida dropped the act and walked angrily up to her room , no one noticed but Elinor , who soon after excused herself to go catch up to her reckless daughter , merida looked the door when she heard fast footsteps , merida get out now !  The queen demanded as she knocked on the door repeatedly , GO AWAY , I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU !! AND I AM NOT GETTING OUT ! YOU DID THIS TO HUMILIT ME ! Merida spat out as she began crying , merida it's been five years , don't tell me you still have feelings for a married man that has a child now !  Merida who didn't know that he is a father now cried louder , the first guy she has ever loved with their old maid , she opened the door now , everything was going fine down there but you had to ruin it and embarrass us like always !  Elinor said as she slammed the door shut , I was mad at you for 5 years and I decided to be a bit nice to you and now you think you can control me like before !  Merida said , that's it ! I've had just about enough of this none sense ! I will choose one of the men out their to be your groom , don't try to run anywhere or act out in front of the guests , don't even try to run , I have long ago put extra watch so you can't run away , stay here and get ready for your wedding !  She said as she got out , taking the keys with her and locking the door behind her , she fixed her face and crown as she reentered the room full of guests , your Highness , is the princess OK ?  Asked one of the dukes as the queen made her way down the stairs , don't worry , same can be said for you all , the princess was just nervous that's all , she needs to rest for tomorrow and she maid her choice to who she will marry but she will tell us all tomorrow , please continue the celebrations , tomorrow will be another big day for us all. 

The queen gave her speech as everyone cheered and clapped , whispers started among some dukes as to who it can be ,not knowing what really happened that night . . .