⁰⁵ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗬𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧

⋅ ∙ ───── ∙∙ ───── ∙ ⋅

❝𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓼❞

𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓼

⋅ ∙ ───── ∙∙ ───── ∙ ⋅

3rd POV

After a while of explaining the situation to the headmaster, he hummed softly.

"I see, that's the situation... you're against apologizing to get the collar removed, but you don't feel that you can persuade Riddle to let this go without fuss." Crowley summarized what they had told him.

"Yeah, that's about right." Ace growled.

"So then, if you don't think you can compromise with the Prefect you have the option of transferring dormitories." Crowley said.

"You can do that?" Yuu asked. Crowley nodded.

"Indeed. However, your dormitory was chosen for you after the Dark Mirror saw the quality of your soul so..." Crowley trailed off for a moment. "There are quite a number of troublesome procedures and rituals that are required."

"Transfer, huh? That's tempting but it makes me feel like I'm just running away so no thanks." Ace turned down the offer.

"Hmm... how do you feel about applying for a decisive match with Mr. Rosehearts to take his place as Prefect?" Crowley smiled.

"WHAT!?" They yelled, confused and shocked.

"Everyone! You're shouting!" Crowley whisper-yelled at them.

"That's 'cause you're saying really crazy things!!" Ace said to Crowley.

"It is not crazy in the least. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts became Prefect." Crowley explained.

"Now that you mention it, how are the Prefects chosen at Night Raven College?" Deuce asked.

"We heard that Riddle became Prefect a week after he started school." Grim told Crowley.

"Allow me to explain." Crowley cleared his throat before explaining. "Being nominated by the previous Prefect, winning a decisive match against the current Prefect. There are many other ways it's decided. A decisive match is one of the more simple."

"Isn't using magic to settle personal squabbles prohibited?" Ace asked the headmaster, confused.

"...Personal ones, yes." Noire chimed in as everyone's attention soon diverted to her. "However, so long as you have at least one individual that wields authority or is in a position of power; such as the headmaster himself, overseeing such affairs is that of another matter." She explained. Crowley nodded in approval of her statement.

"What Miss Noire just said was right. As long as I am there to see it, you will be granted permission to use magic in such a case." He backed her up.

"It's prohibited to place handicaps on your opponent before a decisive match, too." Trey added with a hum. "You would be able to get the collar removed without apologizing to Riddle. But..."